HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Are 4 Wildgame iR4 worth $240? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/335011-4-wildgame-ir4-worth-240-a.html)

onion721 11-25-2010 05:12 PM

Are 4 Wildgame iR4 worth $240?

Been looking at online reviews, mixed bag really.

Anyone have firsthand knowledge of the night photo issue?

Thanks

scoot12 11-25-2010 06:14 PM

I bought my ir 4 from farm and fleet and love it. I paid $75 on sale for it. I just took it down after the wisconsin opening weekend gun hunt and Monday morning had a pic of the biggest buck yet on my trail cams. He is a 12 pointer with split g2s with a 20 inch spread. I will post it when I figure out how? Can anybody help? Well anyway it was a night pic and even thought they seem a little darker the camera has 3 bars left after a month out. Rayovac batteries.

onion721 11-25-2010 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by scoot12 (Post 3728917)
I bought my ir 4 from farm and fleet and love it. I paid $75 on sale for it. I just took it down after the wisconsin opening weekend gun hunt and Monday morning had a pic of the biggest buck yet on my trail cams. He is a 12 pointer with split g2s with a 20 inch spread. I will post it when I figure out how? Can anybody help? Well anyway it was a night pic and even thought they seem a little darker the camera has 3 bars left after a month out. Rayovac batteries.

Reply to a post, follow the directions I posted, hopefully you won't have to resize the image.
If you want to upload multiple images it's best to create an account at something like photobucket.

itsslow98 11-25-2010 08:27 PM

you can get them brand new on ebay shipped for 86 so if they are new for 240 then its a deal. I loved my IR4 i just dropped it one too many times. It took awesome pictures day and night with very little empty frames or whiteouts. Ill be buying more when i have a place of my own to hunt. I like it better then my X6c so far.

PastorJim08 11-27-2010 03:14 PM

Any time you can get that many cams for $60 bucks apiece, it is probably not a bad deal. Only thing is with cheaper cameras is the quality is hit and miss. You might get a good one and the next guy buys the same camera and it has issues. Good luck.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

radlad31 11-29-2010 10:13 AM

I've got two of them, and I really like them so far. I know they are no Reconyx or whatever, but for the price I can't really complain. I just ordered two more from Cabelas today (on sale for $60 each plus free shipping on orders more than $100...no problem there :) )

pnut 11-29-2010 03:50 PM

no...not at all

scribbler444 12-04-2010 06:13 AM

Ir4s are complete pieces of junk I bought one it broke I returned it I got another one and it broke. Now im sending that one back to and there sending me the best one wildgame innovations make because I made a huge stink of having to pay shipping and go thru the inconvenience. DO NOT BUY THE IR4, spend a few bucks more and get a moultrie. They sell a good infrared cam for 130-150 bucks havent had a problem with it yet