Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
No bucks... trail cam placement help >

No bucks... trail cam placement help

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

No bucks... trail cam placement help

Old 11-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default No bucks... trail cam placement help

Well, I got a tasco 3.0 mp at the end of october, and was checking it often, with nothing but ghost pics. Then all the sudden oct 25 a 6pt on there in the middle of the night. Week later a doe. Then nothing until last week, 30 pics one morning all does. So they are here and they are moving. I normally place the camera on their paths and rub lines and put a little corn down. The other day I placed it on a chain link fence crossing, got 3 more does. The lay of the land is a ravine, some creeks (beat down crossings on them) and lots of dense hardwoods, its a somewhat urban also, deer travel down a powerline crossing, then over my street into my hunting spot. Is there a better place to put this camera to find a anterlered deer? Any help- thanks in advance.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Put it on a scrape.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Strap it to the rear end of a doe that hasn't been in estrous yet. Seriously, travel coridors and scrapes should produce right now.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

You did what you need to do to find a big guys. You found the reason for his existence, DOE'S. Keep track of the does' and, you'll probably find a buck.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with what the other members suggest. Also this time of year the bucks are roaming looking for hot new girl friends. This makes them harder to pattern. Just have patience. Good luck.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Cool, Ill keep an eye out for scrapes, Ive found a few a while back, and none looked fresh. With all the leaves falling it will be hard to find them after work, even worse its almost totally dark at 5:30. Been going down there with a head light haha. Ill just have to keep moving that cam every few days, and target some surrounding areas/ rub lines, and scrapes if I can find them
Old 11-19-2010, 12:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Def. can't go wrong with the does.

Blessings.....Pastorjim