Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Deer Cameras - The Science of Scouting >

Deer Cameras - The Science of Scouting

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Deer Cameras - The Science of Scouting

Old 11-11-2010, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default Deer Cameras - The Science of Scouting

Being a member of QDMA, I couldn't help but order their new book Deer Cameras: The Science of Scouting. I received the book last night and I must say I definately got my monies worth. The book consists of 12 chapters & 230 pages of knowledge from some of the best minds in deer hunting and scouting today. It is a high quality paperback with so many pictures in it I could not count them. Chapters include Quality Deer Photography, Setting Up a Trail Camera Survey, Sorting & Aging, Calculating and Interpreting Survey Results as well as many more to include Property Surveillance.

Acknowledgements in the front include TrailCamPro & Chasingame and they contributions they both have made to the industry over the last several years.

Within the first few pages of reading I had to chuckle....."within these communities are also found the special forces of the trail camera world: the "homebrew" photographers." I found that to be an accurate description of my homebrew friends.

While I have just started my read, I am excited at what I will learn from this book and it reads well and very understandable for us layman. I will post more as I get more indepth. If anyone else is interested in purchasing a copy they are $24.95 and available from www.qdma.com. Just click on "The Store".
Old 11-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

The more I read this book, the more I am convinced it is a MUST READ for anyone interested in deer management or QDMA.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Please keep us all informed. That sounds like a book I would be interested in.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 11-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

i am also a QDMA member and board member in central PA and recently my local branch had a seminar with Kip Adams presenting and he brought up this book. right away i knew it was something i wanted to purchase. good to see that it will be worth the money!