HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   take it out? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/331557-take-out.html)

HardwoodHunter 10-09-2010 11:45 PM

take it out?

Got a question, I've had my trailcam out in the same spot since around the middle of August...Now that the season has arrived i've taken it out. Do most of you guys do this also? I was thinking I didn't want to leave it out and maybe spook one I don't want to be spooked. But than again on the other hand I was thinking that they're used to it in the one spot..taking it out may spook them alone...or am I just over thinking this? haha, any input would be appreciated.:party0005:

PastorJim08 10-10-2010 03:13 AM

If the camera has been there since August and you're getting pics of the same animal, then they are not being spooked. If you feel comfortable with leaving it, then I would.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

Hunt4Life23 10-10-2010 10:38 AM

i like keeping them out into the season so if i am not in the woods or area i can check and see if they are keeping the same pattern or beginning to do something else

Phil from Maine 10-10-2010 02:15 PM

I just put mine out for the first time this year today.. I am hoping to see a buck or 2 on it..

radlad31 10-11-2010 05:11 AM

Yeah, if they haven't been spooked already (I've yet to see any evidence on my property where a camera has chased any deer from it), then I wouldn't worry about it. Plus I like to see what's going on during the season (maybe they've gone nocturnal?) so I can make any adjustments as necessary.

pnut 10-11-2010 05:51 AM

My cams stay out from around May (time when horns start to grow) until March ( when the last of deer loose their headgear.
Why have a cam and not have it in the woods? it doesn't make sense to me.
Even when I have my cams back home during the coldest days I have them set up in the yard to see whats about.

fasterem 10-11-2010 04:30 PM

if you have a lock box for your cameras I would just leave them out, even on private property I would def get a lockbox had one stolen and I know others here have also, but ya like everybody else is saying, LEAVE IT OUT

Phil from Maine 10-11-2010 05:56 PM

I had just put one out last Sunday and I am planning on putting my second one out this week in another location of course..

HardwoodHunter 10-11-2010 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by pnut (Post 3699933)
My cams stay out from around May (time when horns start to grow) until March ( when the last of deer loose their headgear.
Why have a cam and not have it in the woods? it doesn't make sense to me.
Even when I have my cams back home during the coldest days I have them set up in the yard to see whats about.

Because I had the camera up to see what I had on my property? I've seen probably every deer that has walked on it so far hah, now that I know what's there I don't want to make the mistake of pushing them away. Make sense now?

Vermont_hunter 10-11-2010 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by HardwoodHunter (Post 3700528)
Because I had the camera up to see what I had on my property? I've seen probably every deer that has walked on it so far hah, now that I know what's there I don't want to make the mistake of pushing them away. Make sense now?

that makes sense but i wouldn't worry about it to much, plus you never know what buck will turn up looking for does(even though its still early) and there is always that deer that hasn't gone by yet. ex: i know there is a 4pt near my house but he has never gone by my cameras(this year) an even better ex. is my profile pic, that buck just came through one night, i was lucky i had the cam to check him or would have never knew he was around
so if its safe i would leave it out, you just never know what will go by