Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

take it out?

Old 10-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default take it out?

Got a question, I've had my trailcam out in the same spot since around the middle of August...Now that the season has arrived i've taken it out. Do most of you guys do this also? I was thinking I didn't want to leave it out and maybe spook one I don't want to be spooked. But than again on the other hand I was thinking that they're used to it in the one spot..taking it out may spook them alone...or am I just over thinking this? haha, any input would be appreciated.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the camera has been there since August and you're getting pics of the same animal, then they are not being spooked. If you feel comfortable with leaving it, then I would.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 10-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

i like keeping them out into the season so if i am not in the woods or area i can check and see if they are keeping the same pattern or beginning to do something else
Old 10-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I just put mine out for the first time this year today.. I am hoping to see a buck or 2 on it..
Old 10-11-2010, 05:11 AM
Spike

Yeah, if they haven't been spooked already (I've yet to see any evidence on my property where a camera has chased any deer from it), then I wouldn't worry about it. Plus I like to see what's going on during the season (maybe they've gone nocturnal?) so I can make any adjustments as necessary.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

My cams stay out from around May (time when horns start to grow) until March ( when the last of deer loose their headgear.
Why have a cam and not have it in the woods? it doesn't make sense to me.
Even when I have my cams back home during the coldest days I have them set up in the yard to see whats about.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

if you have a lock box for your cameras I would just leave them out, even on private property I would def get a lockbox had one stolen and I know others here have also, but ya like everybody else is saying, LEAVE IT OUT
Old 10-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had just put one out last Sunday and I am planning on putting my second one out this week in another location of course..
Old 10-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by pnut
My cams stay out from around May (time when horns start to grow) until March ( when the last of deer loose their headgear.
Why have a cam and not have it in the woods? it doesn't make sense to me.
Even when I have my cams back home during the coldest days I have them set up in the yard to see whats about.
Because I had the camera up to see what I had on my property? I've seen probably every deer that has walked on it so far hah, now that I know what's there I don't want to make the mistake of pushing them away. Make sense now?
Old 10-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by HardwoodHunter
Because I had the camera up to see what I had on my property? I've seen probably every deer that has walked on it so far hah, now that I know what's there I don't want to make the mistake of pushing them away. Make sense now?
that makes sense but i wouldn't worry about it to much, plus you never know what buck will turn up looking for does(even though its still early) and there is always that deer that hasn't gone by yet. ex: i know there is a 4pt near my house but he has never gone by my cameras(this year) an even better ex. is my profile pic, that buck just came through one night, i was lucky i had the cam to check him or would have never knew he was around
so if its safe i would leave it out, you just never know what will go by

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.