HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Cudde Back IR concerns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/330327-cudde-back-ir-concerns.html)

loanstarhunter 09-22-2010 06:48 AM

Cudde Back IR concerns

Has anyone experienced issues with cudde back IR taking day light pics?

I question my camera for day time pictures. I am getting plenty of night shots and 0 day shots. (Except for me approaching the camera). I have plenty of deer on the property and find it very difficult to believe that there are no deer visiting the feeder during the day light hours, at least once in a while or coons, squirles, birds....etc.

I have owned the camera for 2 weeks now.

:bash:

Western MA Hunter 09-22-2010 08:59 AM

Interesting... I have never had an issue w/ daytime or nighttime pics w/ my IR... i would contact Cuddeback.

GTOHunter 09-25-2010 04:29 PM

I had a CuddebackIR and it took very poor pictures at night and barely reached out 10-15 feet at the most,the day time pictures weren't the best either and it kept loosing battery power/connection so I took it back and paid the difference on a Moultrie I-60 and simply love that camera!

OKIE HUNTER1 09-27-2010 06:26 PM

After hearing about cuddeback for years i finally went and bought 2 IR's. I have nothing positive to say about them. Every time i called customer service they had a different excuse ie memory card, brand of batteries, temperature, etc. I exchanged them for the capture with flash and nothing improved. After trying 6 different cuddebacks i exchanged them for the $99 Primos Truth Cam. Great battery life 2,000 pics plus, great range, and pretty good pics for under 100 bucks. Take my advice and exchange it where you bought it. You will be lucky to get your camera back by spring turkey season if you send it back to cudde! Notice in cuddeback sample pics(at least on the display at bass pro) that the deer are 3 feet away from the camera! That is why your day pics are of your face while you are unscrewing the bolt to check the camera. Sorry for the long post but after all the wasted tanks of gas and missed pics, i am irritated with cuddeback to say the least. Feel free to PM me lonestarhunter if you want anymore info, but you are missing daytime pics right now i promise.

skillet01 09-27-2010 06:37 PM

had a cuddieback ir for 2 months then sent it back. pricey junk imo. then got a moultrie i35 works great.

pcsd240 09-27-2010 06:39 PM

Havent had any problem out of mine.

Still waiting! 09-29-2010 01:43 AM

My capture IR stopped working last year after about 2 months, had it fixed and now it stopped working again. It takes very low quality pics in IR and it takes them 99% of the time unless the sun or light is just perfect. I would never buy another one ever again. Have had my I40 for close to 3 yrs without a issue, just bought a x6c wildgame and we'll see how that works.