Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
how do i know the date of manufacture for BTC >

how do i know the date of manufacture for BTC

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

how do i know the date of manufacture for BTC

Old 09-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default how do i know the date of manufacture for BTC

how can i tell when my bushnell trophy cam was made? I know 2010 but I want the month.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

125py: Look on the back of the package your camera came in. Near the bottom centre it should have the serial number, the month and date. This is for the 2010 model. The 2009 model is a little higher up and more to the right. i hope you haven't discarded your package. If the camera had to be returned, the manufacture requires the package: partly to protect it when shipping. Good luck.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by littlearrow
125py: Look on the back of the package your camera came in. Near the bottom centre it should have the serial number, the month and date. This is for the 2010 model. The 2009 model is a little higher up and more to the right. i hope you haven't discarded your package. If the camera had to be returned, the manufacture requires the package: partly to protect it when shipping. Good luck.
the only number i see is
98-1478/09-09 and then model # 119435C
Old 09-08-2010, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

125py:Your camera was manufactured as follows: 09-09 where the first "09" is the month which would be September. The second "09" is the year which would be 2009.
Several businesses either do not know this or are pushing out the older stock. When
I bought my trail cameras this spring (late Feb. to mid Mar.) they tried to tell me they
were the 2010 model. What they had received in their shipment was a 2009 model in a
2010 shipment. Another way to check (year only) is to look at the LED configuration.
This is referring to Bushnell. 2009 had 24 LED in a rectangle. 2010 has 32 Led in a rectangle. A while back, I found the same thing on E Bay. The picture of the Bushnell camera LED did not match the year it was advertised as.
I just recently purchased a Moultrie Game Spy D55-IR. At first glance, it shows the LED in a rectangle (4 rows). Upon closer inspection, yes there are 4 rows, but top row and bottom row have 7 LED while row 2 and 3 only have 6 LED each. Hope this helps.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by littlearrow
125py:Your camera was manufactured as follows: 09-09 where the first "09" is the month which would be September. The second "09" is the year which would be 2009.
Several businesses either do not know this or are pushing out the older stock. When
I bought my trail cameras this spring (late Feb. to mid Mar.) they tried to tell me they
were the 2010 model. What they had received in their shipment was a 2009 model in a
2010 shipment. Another way to check (year only) is to look at the LED configuration.
This is referring to Bushnell. 2009 had 24 LED in a rectangle. 2010 has 32 Led in a rectangle. A while back, I found the same thing on E Bay. The picture of the Bushnell camera LED did not match the year it was advertised as.
I just recently purchased a Moultrie Game Spy D55-IR. At first glance, it shows the LED in a rectangle (4 rows). Upon closer inspection, yes there are 4 rows, but top row and bottom row have 7 LED while row 2 and 3 only have 6 LED each. Hope this helps.
mine is def a 2010 model. It has the 32 LEDs and the python lock capability, and the wide screen video.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

125py: Yes, what you describe your camera having is the 2010
model. As for the manufacture date, that would be when the
camera was built, but it looks like they put all the early 2010
up dates to it. One major complaint on the 2009 model was the
small viewer screen. To me it didn't matter because I viewed
the SD card on my digital camea (pictures only).
Old 09-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tried to update my two cams, but my computer doesn't have the program to open the updates
Old 09-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
I tried to update my two cams, but my computer doesn't have the program to open the updates
i updated mine and it did not help anyways
Old 09-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

BOWHUNTERCOP: here is a link- http://www.winzip.com/index.htm
The link shows two boxes: 1) Buy Winzip now. This one has several different levels, starting out at $29.95. 2) Download now. This one will download and give you a choice of "Buy Now" or "Try Evaluation". Select the one "Try Evaluation". This should open your download. Just make sure when you selected your camera download from the Bushnell site that you selected either "CN" for Canadian or "US". On the back of your camera package following the model number it should show either US or CN.