Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
My 2010 Bushnell Trophy Cam review. >

My 2010 Bushnell Trophy Cam review.

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

My 2010 Bushnell Trophy Cam review.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default My 2010 Bushnell Trophy Cam review.

Alright So I bought the plain jane 2010 BTC June 1st. Ive had the camera out ever since and just spent 2 hours sorting through the pictures and preparing a slideshow so that everyone could see how it compares to the 2009 model. However after I finished preparing it, I pulled the card out of the computer and deleted the images from the card. Then I opened the slideshow back up and nothing saved!! I had hundreds of pics and 10 second videos! I wanted to post them because when I purchased the camera, All I heard about were problems, but could never find any pictures or videos to see for myself.

So for now I will just have to tell you that I am very pleased with the camera. The trigger time must be fairly good as 90% of my photos had the deer centered in the pics and videos. The clarity on the 8mp setting pictures was very good. I had it on video for 4 weeks and I was more than pleased with the videos. I would say I could successfully judge a buck out to the 40 foot area at night. I don't know exactly what serial number was on my camera but the batch must have been fine.

Sorry I couldn't post the pictures, but I will be getting the camera on Sept 18th again and will be sure to post some results.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

the only problem I and many others have are with still pictures if the deer is moving, it's blurry
Old 09-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

mj469: If you were lucky enough to have kept the original package the camera came in, look on the back lower down. There you should find the serial number and date of manufacture. On my 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail camera this information is lower down and toward the right hand side. As for the lost pictures or videos, check in your "Document" section of your computer. You may be lucky to find them there. Left click on "start". This will open a page. Now, left click on "My Documents". If you happened to have downloaded any pictures or videos from your SD card, this is where they will be stored. Good luck.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the review but sorry you lost your pics, that can be very frustrating. I too have the same Bushnell unit as you and I had to send my first one back because of the run-away issue. The replacement cam I got has performed very well. It does have a slight blur on night pics but no where near as bad as I have seen from some others. The replacement cam has been in the field now for about six months with absolutely no issues. Chasingame is reporting a significantly lower trigger speed compared to last years model but my camera doesn't seem to have that issue. There is evidently some issues with the camera though because Bushnell does have a software update online to fix some of the reported problems. Continued good luck with yours.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 09-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. I figured out that the problem was that when I opened the pictures and videos on my computer, I chose the option "view photos" instead of "import photos". So it was having me work from the SD card instead of my computer.

And I did have one picture on the card that I noticed the blurry image. But I believe this is the only one out of around 300.
Attached Thumbnails My 2010 Bushnell Trophy Cam review.-hardin-july-2010-mitch-250.jpg  
Old 09-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

mj469: Glad to hear you found your pictures.