Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Moultrie camera i40 security bear lock box >

Moultrie camera i40 security bear lock box

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie camera i40 security bear lock box

Old 08-29-2010, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Moultrie camera i40 security bear lock box

I have the I40 decent camera, next week I'm placing it out on public land loaded with bears. So I purchased the security box made by Moultrie, what a piece of garbage it is, I'm returning it to Cabelas today. I purchased this lock box I found on Ebay from the same people I purchased my Bushnell Trophy cam from.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SECURITY-BEAR-LO...item5ad1de7ce2

Old 08-29-2010, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

You definately made the right decision by returning that nonsecurity box. There was a guy on here a couple of years ago by the name of edgecrusher. He had a camera stolen from his "security" box. He did a live video on how easy it was to take the camera out of a locked box with no tools. If you search the archives, it would probably be pretty easy to find. The second lock-box you purchased is a much better system that costs less to begin with.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-29-2010, 04:38 AM
Fork Horn

i have the same system that you are going to have, it has a bunch of holes in the back to screw to the tree, I used them all and it sure would be hard for them to take it out of the woods, on a side note, I sure hope that you have better luck with the camera taking actual color pictures during the day and no IR pictures all the time x
Old 08-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had this camera for almost 2 years, I noticed the white out day pics come from when the sun is shinning towards the camera, other then that no problems
Old 08-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
I've had this camera for almost 2 years, I noticed the white out day pics come from when the sun is shinning towards the camera, other then that no problems
I don't get many white OUT pictures, I just get 99% black and white ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the time ;-( and that is in the open woods too with plenty of sunshine around
Old 08-30-2010, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

and I returned one with pics and everyhting to moultrie and they shipped me a brand new one and it does the same exact thing so hmmmmmm
Old 08-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Spike

Dear BowHunterCop:
Go to the following website if you want an extremely well made, non flimsy, security box for your camera. I just bought the same camera and had the same feelings when I looked at Moutrie's box and then read the terrible reviews...you should see on you tube! Anyway, the website is: www.camlockbox.com
They are made in Green Bay Wisconsin and custom made for your camera. I just got mine last week and will order more! They are also cheaper (price wise) then most on the market.
Good Luck!
Old 08-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Robbi, I saw there web page 3 nights ago, thanks for the info