Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Bushnell Trail Cam from Walmart same as Trophy Cam? >

Bushnell Trail Cam from Walmart same as Trophy Cam?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Bushnell Trail Cam from Walmart same as Trophy Cam?

Old 08-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bushnell Trail Cam from Walmart same as Trophy Cam?

Have any of you seen the Bushnell Trail cam at wal-mart thats $147? It looks like the $200 Trophy Cam but the LEDs and sensor have been relocated abit. The size is the same, same range, same trigger, and battery life.

It is not listed at Walmart.com right now. Bushnell does not list it on their website. I'm thinking its just a repackaged Trophy Cam. It does have 32 leds like the 2010 model but it is still 5 MP like the 2009 and down.

Have any of you used these? Are they the same Cam you think?

Thanks.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

hillbilly archer: Check on the back of the package on the right hand side lower down. On my 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail camera was where I found the model and year of manufacture. The 2009 model have 24 Led set in rectangle pattern. The 2010 as you mention with 32 Led will also be set in rectangle pattern. The 2009 model will only accept up to a 2GB SD card whereas the 2010, I believe with accept up to 16 GB. If it is a Bushnell, you will be able to use SanDisk, Verbatim and Kodak SD cards. I am able to use these brands in my 2009 model. Hope this helps.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Actually, it has 30 LEDs, it is a 2010 model. I just found a short review for it- http://chasingame.com/index.php?id=173

Anyway, I bought one and did some testing myself tonight and I'm not overly impressed, its decent though.

My main problem with it was the advertised 45ft. detection range was more like 15-25 feet. I will have to do some more testing to see if it can be better. Also I dont like the picture quality at longer distances. Trigger speed is not bad, but I don't feel like it is a true 1 sec. trigger speed.

I think it will work good for me on trails and such. It just seems more like a "close range cam".

Hard to expect to much more from a $147 cam from walmart.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably a special model they only produced for Walmart. Moultrie did the same thing a few years back. Instead of Gamespy they called it Gamewatcher. I haven't been totally satisfied with the night photos from my Bushnell either. Thinking of adding a Uway flash extender.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-22-2010, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

After reading the review from chasingame, I would: 1) spend a few more dollars and buy a better camera from Bushnell, or 2) go for a different brand. After all $150.00 is a fair chunk of money for the way the review reads. Best of luck.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

This camera will with out a doubt kick a BTC 2010 butt in performance. This consensus is based on the whole package which is trigger time (provided it holds to its advertized time), the picture quality is more natural in color and far from the saturated vivid color day pictures that got the BTC in trouble but it is very acceptable. That work around the chip replacement only got some color day pictures but took the rest of the BTC down hill. Over this entire camera it appears to have a much better over all function which is good news for the manufacture. The pictures are not as strong for the daytime but the rest of the function seems to be far superior

This a qoute from that page. Im not sure where the "bad review" is. Sounds like its a good cam for the money?

I will test on my own some and see.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

There is something wrong with the qoute. read what they say in the fifth paragraph.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hillbilly archer
There is something wrong with the qoute. read what they say in the fifth paragraph.
Here you go, I copied it and changed the color.

Quote :

This camera will with out a doubt kick a BTC 2010 butt in performance. This consensus is based on the whole package which is trigger time (provided it holds to its advertized time), the picture quality is more natural in color and far from the saturated vivid color day pictures that got the BTC in trouble but it is very acceptable. That work around the chip replacement only got some color day pictures but took the rest of the BTC down hill. Over this entire camera it appears to have a much better over all function which is good news for the manufacture. The pictures are not as strong for the daytime but the rest of the function seems to be far superior
Old 08-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Reading the first paragraph and the update 08-05-2010: if it was me, I wouldn't waste my money on it, at least until the faults are corrected and tested by forum members. To me thats a lot of money.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

Oh I see. The battery arrangement to me isn't a problem at all. I can't see where anyone would have to have a book for this area of the cam, but I guess it should be a bit clearer.

Yes, the trigger is slower than 1 sec. This is a definate. I mean really, its hard to get much camera for $150 isn't it? Unfortunately, with all the thieving that goes on, I won't put a high dollar cam in the woods.

Time will tell if its worth having or not.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.