HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Anyone using primos cams (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/327936-anyone-using-primos-cams.html)

matt068 08-18-2010 08:52 AM

Anyone using primos cams

Just bought the 46 model for 116 I figure if it works even fairly good thats a great price for an ir cam. I just love my bushnell trophy cam but may as well try others too Let me know what you think of your primos cams Thanks Matt

penninside08 08-18-2010 12:50 PM

TRUST ME!!!!...the primos cams are probably the best cameras for the price on the market today!!

Batter life is amazing (over 4 months for me on my 35 LED cam), Picture quality is the best ive seen for a cam under $100, trigger speed is good, very easy to set up

The only "bad" thing is that it makes a little clunk sound when every pic gets taken, but so far i have not seen it shy away any deer.

pnut 08-18-2010 02:32 PM

Buddy of mine has one and day pic quality is pretty nice but I'm not impressed with the IR pics.
Way too dark in my opinion regardless if it's a sub $100 cam.
If the deer are standing on top of it you can barely make out the head gear.

PastorJim08 08-18-2010 03:51 PM

Decent, not great cam for the money.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

dubcee 08-18-2010 04:16 PM

I bought the TC 46 as well. It makes the infamous "clunk" noise when it takes pictures. Im pretty sure it scares away deer as well because I havent gotten many pictures this year from it and I put it in a proven spot. The clunk and its some what slow response time are its downfalls. Otherwise without the clunk id say its a very good camera for the money. Mines been out for 2.5 months and still at 60% battery, and probably taken 1500 pics im not sure exactly.

brodyb51 08-19-2010 06:36 PM

I have the Primos 35 cam and have had good results with it so far. I have had it for about a month and the battery life is still at 70% and it has taken hundreds of pics. It does have a soft clunk when the picture is taken. The day time pics are good but the IR pics are not a crisp as I would like. It is very easy to set up and has all of the features you need on a camera. I also just bought a python cable for it today and it works great as the camera has a molded in channel for the cable to slide through. I have been very impressed with the trigger speed for a $100 camera. It will take 3 pics of me before I can get to the camera to shut it off. I have tried several cameras over the past several years (Moultrie, Stealth and Wildview) and this for the money has been the best overall buy. I am sure you would get better overall quality out of the more expensive cameras.

twcw5804 08-24-2010 07:41 PM

I have the Primos 35 what is the python cable?

pnut 08-25-2010 05:15 AM

python cables are for security.
You put them around it to attempt to stop someone from stealing it.
I use lock boxes myself but others use lock boxes and cables through the lock boxes to the tree.

doman 08-25-2010 07:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Great cam for the money, except for the clunk noise, Pic quality is better than Bushnell,(THEy Suck) and my old Moultries which now suck also. I like the durable case and super easy to use, I just sent mine back to Primos because of Battery drain problem in Video mode, they Have been great, sent me a shipping label to return ship,( Bushnell sucks they charge 10 bucks to ck the camera under warranty). we see how fast i get it back. for the money id buy another one.