Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Bushnell Trophy Cam question >

Bushnell Trophy Cam question

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Bushnell Trophy Cam question

Old 08-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bushnell Trophy Cam question

Have any other people on here had problems out of thiers? I know 4 guys that bought the 09' model and I got one as well. 3 of the 5 cameras have had problems and mine was one of them. One guy just bought the 10' model and it failed the second time he used it. The batteries got so hot in the unit, that it melted 2 of them and acid got everywhere in the casing. Anyone else having problems with these Bushnell's?
Old 08-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a 2010 TC when they first came out from trailcampro. It would go on picture taking runs, mainly at night, until the card filled up. I contacted trailcampro and they replaced the camera immediately with one from a new batch they had in. It has worked flawlessly. I have heard of some other issues with the 2010s and you can read about them at www.chasingame.com. Hope you and your friends get things worked out.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

I have four 09 models and haven't had any issues at all.
All been out and running since Dec.2009.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

The first one I bought this spring had the short out/meltdown issue that you described. It worked but i noticed what looked like batteries leaking. Replaced the batteries and a week later when I checked it wasn't coming up. I moved the baterries around and it started to smoke.

The replacement I got from Bushnell did not have the shorting issue, but it had the hyperactive sensor issue....500 pictures of nothing every day. That one was just sent back to them today.

I will give Bushnell some minor kudos for customer service, as they got me the replacement pretty quickly the 1st time, and this time they are picking up shipping costs both ways (sent me a UPS label).

I am hoping the 3rd time is a charm.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

I own 4 09 BTCs and 3 10 BTC Bone Collectors and they all work flawlessly.

I originally had 5 09 BTCs and sent one in for a date/time stamp issue and Bushnell sent me back a '10 Bone Collector. I put the camera through a series of test because of the review at Chasingame. I was so impressed with the picture quality of the '10 model that I purchased two more from TrailCamPro.

I have not had any of the problems reported at Chasingame with any of my '10 BTCs and have had it out with Anthony over these facts to the point that he banned me from the site. I guess he doesn't like for people to disagree with the god of game cameras (his avatar) OR lightning will strike (banned)

Anthony really has mud on his face now with the arrival of what he touted as the "next great thing" - the UWAY NT50/NT50B. Seems like all of his pre season testing wasn't very good as there seems to be alot of problems with this new camera from the way it works to the fit and finish. UWAY professed they were waiting on releasing them until Chasingame had completed testing so there wouldn't be any problems with the new camera. People have been getting them with the same problems he professed the 10 BTC to have - runaway problems - which he supposedly tested these and never reported any problems with them. Makes you wonder how good his testing is or if there was another agenda there.

The BTC is the only camera on the market to give you a two year warranty. If a BTC cost you $200 with a two year warranty and you pay $239 for an HCO Scoutguard with a one year warranty.....standard repairs for a HCO Scoutguard is $80 plus shipping after warranty expiration. Many have a problem within the 1-2 year range which means you pay $319 for the camera instead of the original purchase price. Doesn't make much sense to me to pay extra money for what I consider to be an inferior camera. Just my .02

Last edited by J.M.A.N.; 08-16-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Spike

i bought one of the BTC 2010 model (one without the screen) in may of this year and has been in the woods ever since with no problems. i hope you get your problems straightened out soon.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

J.M.A.N, are you a sales rep for Bushnell or something? You need to chill...no one is out to get Bushnell for the Trophy Cam, but the trophy cam has had some acknowledged problems, the best known being the hyperactive sensor that plagued the early run of 2010 Cams (just call tech support and ask them).

The tech I talked to about the hyperactive sensor had never heard of my first problem, the camera short/battery melt down, but apparently it was not an isolated incident.

They are having more problems than they should have, which should be almost zero.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Sniggle
J.M.A.N, are you a sales rep for Bushnell or something? You need to chill...no one is out to get Bushnell for the Trophy Cam, but the trophy cam has had some acknowledged problems, the best known being the hyperactive sensor that plagued the early run of 2010 Cams (just call tech support and ask them).

The tech I talked to about the hyperactive sensor had never heard of my first problem, the camera short/battery melt down, but apparently it was not an isolated incident.

They are having more problems than they should have, which should be almost zero.
First off, I am not affilitated with Bushnell in any shape, form, or fashion reguardless of what Anthony likes to post on his website. I am nothing more than a consumer who can see through some of the BS going on over there. Are you a plant for them? If not, then pull you head out of the sand.

I agree the first batch from the factory had some issues which is why I didn't initially purchase the '10 model BTC. Why would Bushnell have any less problems than everyone else? If it isn't Made in America then they are all just another piece from China. The reason people purchase them is the price point AND with a two year warranty, I will take my chances. I had originally decided to purchase the SG560 based on the hype given it at Chasingame but when the pictures and reports starting coming out, my 09 BTCs were better AND they were only giving a one year warranty so I decided to hold off.

The only problem I have with what has been posted at Chasingame is that he claims four different models on two different occasions and everyone of them was bad? Statistically, that is impossible. Second was the trigger test time. In my own unofficial testing I had trigger times of less than 2 seconds every time on the '10 Model that Bushnell sent me as a replacement for my '09 model. I had 1 whiteout out of 199 pictures. I had no runaway issues. I had great picture quality both day and night. I also had Trail Cam Pro confirm the trigger speeds on both of my '10 models that I purchased from them before shipping...guess what....both under 1.3 seconds. Nick @ Trail Cam Pro is the man! All of my cameras are in the woods working flawlessly.

I would have called them a POS if that is what happened but that is not what happened so I called Anthony out on it and was permanently banned. He also banned me from his Eyes in the Woods site. What was the purpose in that? Guess he can't take the heat.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Spike

I have an '09 and it has honestly been solid. A lot better than other game cams from Moultrie and StealthCam that I picked up recently in the same price range. I returned those. I still have my Trophy Cam!
Old 08-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

I have a friend that has that same problem with the one battery exploding on a 2010 model. We figured out that is was the cabelas sd card. We would switch out the card it worked fine, we put the cabelas card it would explode a battery, did this three different times. Finally just threw the card away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.