Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Question about Trail Cameras >

Question about Trail Cameras

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Question about Trail Cameras

Old 09-10-2010, 06:25 AM
Spike

You should be able to check your pics in the field with your digital camera. I do the card swap thing as well, but i also like to check them in the field when I'm there in case I need to make any adjustments (like you, my hunting land is about 3.5 hours away from my house, so I can't just go right back there if something is off). One thing I do to make sure my camera can view the pictures from the trail cam is to format the card with my digital camera (btw, if you do video on your trail cam, chances are your digital camera won't be able to view that)...that tends to head off compatibility issues between the two.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
Sometimes they will work with your digital camera and sometimes not. You'll just have to check it and see. I don't like doing that or the card readers because the viewing screens are just to small for me. Another alternative is one of those digital picture frames. They sell them just about everywhere and there is a good choice in screen sizes and many of them can be operated on battery power. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Good post!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Spike

If you happen to own a advance cell phone Blackberry, Droid, and so on that has a MicroSD slot you can buy a cell phone MicroSD card that comes with a SD adapter. I have it in my cam right now so that if I don't have my laptop with me I can pull the MicroSD card out of the SD card, slide it into the back of my Droid and view my pictures right there on my phone in the field.

I like PastorJims idea. I have a second picture frame that I could give to family that lives closer to the farm to check pictures.