HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Looky at what I got......... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/327185-looky-what-i-got.html)

2robinhood 08-15-2010 04:11 AM

Here is some info that Casingame.com have on the Wildgame X6C.
They say it will use a set of batteries in a month.
The daytime trigger speed is @ 2.75 seconds.
Night time trigger speed is @ 1.89 seconds.

itsslow98 08-15-2010 08:46 PM

I bet the wildgame takes some of the best still pics of the three. My IR4 takes very good stills. Havent tried video yet.

2robinhood 08-19-2010 03:42 AM

I pulled the camera for the owner of the archery shop to display at his vendor booth at a 3D shoot.
But camera have been returned to me and are back in the woods.
I have the, setting wise, as close to the settings on my Bushnells as I can get.
They are also mounted on the same trees and facing the same spots as the Bushnells for a direct comparison.
The only issue I can see with them being put on the tree like this, is night time IR pictures.
If both cameras go off at the same time, there will be more IR's then just a single camera.
I will retrieve the cards from all on Saturday and post my findings.

halfbakedi420 08-19-2010 05:15 AM

sweet, i am lookin forward to the same picture taken on all 3 cams, the 3 ya got + your Bushnell, to see which is the best....i have to show a lil non-love for AA and C and D batts..i think they should all take 6V lantern batts, equipped with rechargeable batt and solar panel. waitin on sunday to see results thx

2robinhood 08-20-2010 04:56 PM

I pulled the card from the Wildgame X6C and the 09 Busnell trophy cam tonight.
Like I stated earlier, they were mount one right above the other on the same tree.

The both cameras were set to take as fast of pictures as they possibly can with the least amount of delay between pictures.
( Wildgame ) 1 picture with 30second delay.
( Bushnell ) 3 picture burst with 2 second delay.
Wildgame took 67 pictures and the Bushnell took 443 pictures.

Both camera started 4 1/2 minutes apart and finished 4 1/2 minutes apart.
No time or date issues.

The feild of detection on the Wildgame is not as wide or as far as the Bushnell.
The bushnell was triggered and the 1st picture the deer wasn't even in the picture yet.
The bushnell took two picture before the Wildgame even took one.
This happened at evey time change when both cameras were triggered.
Bushnell first , Wildgame second.
You will see this in the pictures below.
The Wildgame did take nice pictures and I was very happy with the videos.
I really don't care for the videos of the Bushnell ( grainy looking ).
IR night picture seemed brighter with the Wildgame over the Bushnell.
The Wildgame delay was set at 30 seconds, but was inconsistant in the time between some of it's pictures ( 30 seconds, 47 seconds, 25 seconds and so on ).
I feel the Wildgames colors maybe a little better then the Bushnell.
The detail of the pictures on the Wildgame are sharper and should be since the Wildgame is 6mp and the Bushnell is a 5mp.

Here are the pictures.
First one is the first picture taken by the Wildgame followed by the Bushnell pictures till it matched the Wildgame picture. As you can see the deer isn't even in the Bushnells first picture yet, but in the third Bushnell picture it is the same exact time ( taken ) as the Wildgame ( double IR flash ).

Second series of pictures.
In this series the Bushnell took five pictures before the Wildgame took it's first one.

2robinhood 08-20-2010 05:09 PM

Here are a few more pictures from the Wildgame @ night.
They are brighter then the Bushnell.
Wildgame has 18 IR's and the Bushnell has 24.
Wildgame claims High intensity IR's and it seems that they are.

2robinhood 08-20-2010 05:11 PM

Tomorrow I will be getting the cards from the Spypoint and the Predator.

2robinhood 08-22-2010 07:29 AM

Not much to show from this set of cameras ( Spypoint & Bushnell ) they both only took 6 pictures. ( no animals )

Both seemed to react at the same time, but the Bushnells take the following pictures faster then the Spypoint.
The Spypoint also lost time again, lost two hours in 3 1/2 days.
You can see the difference in the pictures below.
Reacted the same, but the Bushnell took three pictures of the ATV, were the Spypoint only got two.
Time between the Spypoints pictures is 10 seconds and between the Bushnells pictures was 3 seconds.
Even today when I walked up to get the cards, the Bushnell got two pictures of me and the Spypoint only got one.
Here are all six pictures from each camera, plus one showing how they are mounted.

Spypoint

Bushnell

This is how they are mounted.

2robinhood 08-22-2010 07:57 AM

Pictures were very few @ the Predator and Bushnell also.
Predator took 13 pictures and the Bushnell took 33 pictures.
I am going to call Predator cameras, their website say the camera can take up three pictures.
The package does not say that, the instruction manual does not say that, and I don't see anything in the set up of the camera for it.
The quality of the Predators pictures are amazing.
It held time just like before.
Reaction time is slower then the Bushnell.
You will see things in the Bushnells pictures before you see it in the Predators picture.
Bushnells second picture is about equal to the predators 1st picture.
The Bushnell also took three pictures at night of a skunk that the predator never detected.
1st picture is how the cameras were mounted , followed by the Predators pictures with the Bushnells corresponding pictures..
Also more pictures will be in the next post

2robinhood 08-22-2010 08:06 AM

But like I said, the Predators picture quality, brightness and colors is awesome.
Look at the difference in the last pictures from each camera.
It is a very overcast day and the Predators picture is superb.