Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Cuddeback Customer Service >

Cuddeback Customer Service

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cuddeback Customer Service

Old 08-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Spike

Default Cuddeback Customer Service

I have a Cuddeback IR camera that is 18 months old and it has spent almost all of its life in the wilderness. I went to pic it up the other day and siwtch cards and I opened it to discover it was full of water and everything in the case was rusted and burnt up. The camera is ruined basically. I contacted Cuddeback customer service and she informed me that the camera was out of warranty and that I could send it back to them and send them $125 plus shipping and they would replace my camera. I'm pretty disappointed to say the least. The fact that the Cuddeback isn't any more durable then that is upsetting but then to know that they don't stand behind their cameras any better then that is even more disheartening.

I have some cheap wildview flash cameras that are 4 years old that I have had no problems with. My buddy send a Moultrie I60 back because they screen was bad and they swapped out the whole camera with a new one and paid for the shipping with no receipt.

I guess I'm a Moultrie guy now.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

bigsugar: Sorry to hear about your loss. Bushnell is the only company that offers a two year warranty, all the others are one year. Lots of the dealers only offer 30 to 90 days.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Spike

The crazy thing about it is that she went on to list several other things that would not be warrantied. For instance, if you buy your camera on Ebay its not a warrantied camera. Also if you use rechargeable batteries in it they won't warranty it. It seems they go out of their way to not warranty their cameras. Do you have any Bushnell cameras. What do you think?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Fork Horn

Youd think for the money they charge for thos eoverpriced cameras theyd stand behind them. I paid 99 bucks for a wildgame innovations IR4 and Id take 3 of them over the price of a cuddeback all day everyday.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:06 AM
Spike

I thought about buying a couple of those are they pretty good cameras?
Old 08-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

First Cuddeback Customer service is the worst I have ever seen. I had a capture quit working on me 1 month before my warranty was up and they replaced it and within the next month I had to send 3 replacement cameras back because they weren't working. I was going to send the 3rd camera back they told me I would have to pay to get it fixed because my warranty was up and I told them it was there fault and they didn't care. I am from Wisconsin and was trying to support a in state company and I told the lady I would be using there camera this fall to sight my 30-06 in and hung up the phone.

I have 2 Bushnell Trophy Cam's and love them. They are IR and are better then Cuddeback. Trigger speed is the same and the Trophy Cam's have video mode and burst mode pictures. They also have a 2 year warranty on them. I did have to send one back because it got ants in it and you have to pay 10 bucks for shipping but they replaced it and were very nice and seem to care alot about me. Hope this helps.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Youd think for the money they charge for thos eoverpriced cameras theyd stand behind them. I paid 99 bucks for a wildgame innovations IR4 and Id take 3 of them over the price of a cuddeback all day everyday.

The 200 dollar price that the capture model carry is well worth it, not overpriced. Maybe the IR. Say what you want to but I think the wildgame pic quality is CRAP!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigsugar
I have a Cuddeback IR camera that is 18 months old and it has spent almost all of its life in the wilderness. I went to pic it up the other day and siwtch cards and I opened it to discover it was full of water and everything in the case was rusted and burnt up. The camera is ruined basically. I contacted Cuddeback customer service and she informed me that the camera was out of warranty and that I could send it back to them and send them $125 plus shipping and they would replace my camera. I'm pretty disappointed to say the least. The fact that the Cuddeback isn't any more durable then that is upsetting but then to know that they don't stand behind their cameras any better then that is even more disheartening.

I have some cheap wildview flash cameras that are 4 years old that I have had no problems with. My buddy send a Moultrie I60 back because they screen was bad and they swapped out the whole camera with a new one and paid for the shipping with no receipt.

I guess I'm a Moultrie guy now.
I have 5 moultrie cams and my dad has 4 or 5. My two new d55 IRs are working great but the rest have major issues, most of my dads as well. Everything from the flash no longer working, the batteries dying the moment they are put in (we tracked it with a voltmeter and actually watched the voltage drop), to motion sensor not picking up movement and more. Considering you placed your camera in a manner which allowed it to be filled with water and it is out of warranty the $125 for a new cuddy is not that bad. Go buy a $100 Moultrie and try to return it for such an issue and see what kind of satisfaction you get after the 1 year warranty is up. You'll be able to send it back to have them fix it but for what you will pay you would be smarter to buy another cam and expect to do so every year when you buy these cheaper cams. I like Moultrie cams for the price but in my experience they don't last much beyond their warranty unless you never use it. I use mine all year round, the hottest of hot days and the coldest of cold days. The Moultrie Customer service Dept. SUCKS! Expect to spend an hour on hold if you want to talk to a technician and expect to not get a response to your emails to them. That has been my experience on Numerous occassions. And their new Game SPY system.... Don't waste your time, if you want to get aggravated save yourself $ and watch the president tell more lies about how he is doing wonders for the economy because the Game Spy System is just as dependable.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Spike

I appreciate your response even though I have had the exact opposite response from moultrie. I have a few of the I40 cameras and they work really well for us. I have another Capture IR and its excellent. As far as putting it out where it could wet, really? Sorry I can't lure the bigguns into the shed to take pics. I was surprised at their list of reasons as to why they wouldn't warranty them.

On another note I have a few of the Wildgame cameras and the battery life sucks but they take great pics for a cheap camera.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

bigsugar: I have 7 of the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras. I use non rechargeable batteries as well as rechargeable batteries in them. However I do not mix them. These cameras are set up for a total of 8 AA batteries, but you can run them on four as long as you put them all in the top section or all in the lower section. Each section is wired in series, then the two sections are wired in parallel. This still gives you 6volt, but with the two sections, it is like using a larger battery. If one wanted to use both types of batteries in that camera, put 4 of one type in, say the bottom and 4 of the other type in the top. This would work because you are not mixing them in the individual section.
If cameras are bought on Ebay, there is no warranty unless the seller is an authorized dealer for the brand he is selling.
As far as voiding the warranty for using rechargeable batteries, this is the first time I heard of it, but if you don't mention it, they have no way of knowing. Sounds like they don't want to offer warranty. In that case I wouldn't buy their products.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.