Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Since my camera is down, I need some help on figuring out how to stop these things >

Since my camera is down, I need some help on figuring out how to stop these things

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Since my camera is down, I need some help on figuring out how to stop these things

Old 07-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default Since my camera is down, I need some help on figuring out how to stop these things

from climbing up my feeder and shaking all my corn out, is there any safe way to put something slippery on the legs or has anybody put anything around the feeder or the legs that have worked? any suggestions sure would be nice thanks
Attached Thumbnails Since my camera is down, I need some help on figuring out how to stop these things-mdgc0090-1800-x-1350-.jpg   Since my camera is down, I need some help on figuring out how to stop these things-mdgc0112-1800-x-1350-.jpg   Since my camera is down, I need some help on figuring out how to stop these things-mdgc0168-1800-x-1350-.jpg   Since my camera is down, I need some help on figuring out how to stop these things-mdgc0387-1800-x-1350-.jpg  
Old 07-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

When does your racoon hunting season start?
Old 07-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

fasterem: First, I do not own a feeder. Would it be possible to wrap the legs with barb wire? Another thought is razor wire, but I'm not sure where you could obtain it or if it would be available for private sale. Putting oil or grease would make things very slippery but this would leave a scent or odor which you wouldn't want. In another post you mentioned you had a bunch of coons. These fellows look well fed and cared for.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

yes they are well fed cause they are eating all my corn LOL, I thought of the oil too but I think if the deer licked it, it might do some damage to them, I might have to look into the barb wire and razer wire
Old 07-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by littlearrow
fasterem: First, I do not own a feeder. Would it be possible to wrap the legs with barb wire? Another thought is razor wire, but I'm not sure where you could obtain it or if it would be available for private sale. Putting oil or grease would make things very slippery but this would leave a scent or odor which you wouldn't want. In another post you mentioned you had a bunch of coons. These fellows look well fed and cared for.
I have had alot of problems with the coons. If they are climbing up those legs barbed wire will only give them more traction. The Cantina wire may work but then you will eventually get caught in it as well- moving the feeder, storing it, etc.

I used 1" square fencing wire and used small metal straps to secure the wire cages I made to the bottom of the feeder. I use wire to make a hinged door to access the feeder controls and secure it closed. Then I trap the coons using havahart cages with peanut butter and then relocate them to my buddy's property where he trains his hounds on them. I have caught over a dozen in the last year, like squirrels they keep coming back.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:31 AM
Spike

take pvc pipe larger dia.than your feeder legs so that it will spin.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:11 AM
Fork Horn

HMMMMM the PVC idea might just work ;-) did you do it with your feeder or just thought of the idea?
Old 07-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Friend thar ain't but 2 ways to get rid of them varmits. Trap them or shoot them, don't know when yer season for fur opens or for food. Thats what needs done, i have 23 of them on my feeder. The deer are so use to me comimg to feeder i just take out 5 lbs every 2 days & tree rats are just as bad!
Old 07-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by smokepolehall
Friend thar ain't but 2 ways to get rid of them varmits. Trap them or shoot them, don't know when yer season for fur opens or for food. Thats what needs done, i have 23 of them on my feeder. The deer are so use to me comimg to feeder i just take out 5 lbs every 2 days & tree rats are just as bad!
Ditto!! I have tried every thing from grease to sharks teeth and smokepole is right on the money!! Shoot them, trap them, or feed them flybait (if legal) Pike

Old 07-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

I am going to try a bigger size pvc and see if that solves the problem of them climing up and unplugging my solar panal that they have already broken, thank fully there were two links in that plastic bracket LOL, and from them releasing all the corn out all night long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.