Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
New pics from salt block..Updated atleast weekly:-) >

New pics from salt block..Updated atleast weekly:-)

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

New pics from salt block..Updated atleast weekly:-)

Old 07-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sniggle: I have a couple of questions: 1) What make and model of camera are you using? 2) in the pictures in your last post showing the time as being 06:06 A.M. to 06:14 A.M. why are the pictures in black and white? Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by littlearrow
Sniggle: I have a couple of questions: 1) What make and model of camera are you using? 2) in the pictures in your last post showing the time as being 06:06 A.M. to 06:14 A.M. why are the pictures in black and white? Thanks for sharing.
Those pictures were taken with a moultrie I40. I like the quality of the pics, but the camera tends to stay in IR mode unless you are well into daylight (the time is correct). Someone else has a thread on this same 'issue'. I had a flash camera in the same spot 2 years ago and it disappeared so that is why I went IR.

I have another camera that I just bought (Bushnell Trophy Cam) that I will be moving to that spot on Saturday, so I will be able to compare and contrast when each transitions from IR to color.

Update: You got me thinking. I am going to go out and swap the Bushnell cam into the Moultrie I40s spot today, and then pull the cad on Saturday and see if thier are more color photos. The Moultrie did provide some color photos, but generally only in full daylight (9:00 AM to 6 PM or so).

Update1: Pulled the I40. It had the most recent software updates, Talked to Moultrie, they say it is what it is. I don't mind B & W pictures, better in color, but as long as the picture clarity is good enough for me to count points.

Last edited by Sniggle; 07-06-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Spike

good lookin pictures, thanks!
Old 07-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sniggle
Those pictures were taken with a moultrie I40. I like the quality of the pics, but the camera tends to stay in IR mode unless you are well into daylight (the time is correct). Someone else has a thread on this same 'issue'. I had a flash camera in the same spot 2 years ago and it disappeared so that is why I went IR.

I have another camera that I just bought (Bushnell Trophy Cam) that I will be moving to that spot on Saturday, so I will be able to compare and contrast when each transitions from IR to color.

Update: You got me thinking. I am going to go out and swap the Bushnell cam into the Moultrie I40s spot today, and then pull the cad on Saturday and see if thier are more color photos. The Moultrie did provide some color photos, but generally only in full daylight (9:00 AM to 6 PM or so).

Update1: Pulled the I40. It had the most recent software updates, Talked to Moultrie, they say it is what it is. I don't mind B & W pictures, better in color, but as long as the picture clarity is good enough for me to count points.
Sniggle: many thanks for the reply. This is the type of information I was hoping to get.
As for the Bushnell camera you are planning to set up, you should not have any problem in that location. I have seven of the 2009 model Bushnell Trail cameras set out at the present time. These are set at 30 second video, 10 second delay, with date and time stamp. I format my SD cards in the computer after downloading the videos I want to keep. When re installing the SD card in the camera, I format in the camera. The reason I format in the computer are some of these cards are used in other brands of trail cameras, namely: Wild View Ez Cam and Spy point IRB. In the Bushnell, I use the following brands of SD cards: SanDisk 2GB, Kodak 2GB and Verbatim 2GB. Bushnell recommends the SanDisk. I have had good success with these brands. The only thing I have not done is take pictures with the Bushnell. I prefer video. Wild View Ez Cam is limited to pictures only. Again: many thanks.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

Some new ones...bucks are growing nice!
Attached Thumbnails New pics from salt block..Updated atleast weekly:-)-pict0008-1400.jpg   New pics from salt block..Updated atleast weekly:-)-pict0009-1400.jpg   New pics from salt block..Updated atleast weekly:-)-pict0040-1200.jpg   New pics from salt block..Updated atleast weekly:-)-pict0062-1300.jpg   New pics from salt block..Updated atleast weekly:-)-pict0080-1200.jpg  

Old 07-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

One more...this guy has some funky points forming. He has a pimple off of left G3, a bump on the main beam at both G2s and a bump at the base of his left antler.
Attached Thumbnails New pics from salt block..Updated atleast weekly:-)-pict0107-1300.jpg   New pics from salt block..Updated atleast weekly:-)-pict0121-1100.jpg  
Old 07-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bucks. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

A couple more pictures...still lots of deer working through my small funnel.
Attached Thumbnails New pics from salt block..Updated atleast weekly:-)-mdgc0063a.jpg   New pics from salt block..Updated atleast weekly:-)-mdgc0014a.jpg  
Old 07-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

Ohh dude what i would do to hunt there.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the rack on the buck from 7/27.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.