Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Not very happy about my moultrie I40 ;-( >

Not very happy about my moultrie I40 ;-(

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Not very happy about my moultrie I40 ;-(

Old 07-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Spike

Not trying to bash your camera, but if I was you I'd spend the extra money and get yourself a CuddeBack Capture. They are the best I've ever seen, I've caught three bucks on the run before! Outstanding pictures. Look at my avatar and thats a buck I caught on my Capture!!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Carbon_Slinger
Not trying to bash your camera
LOL sounds it LOL JK
Old 07-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Let me say this, after pulling the card for the first time off my Bushnell Trophy Cam....the Moultrie I40 has a much stronger IR flash than the Bushnell. The pictures I got from the Bushnell were very dark, where the Moultrie pictures were much brighter at night. This is at a distance of maybe 30 feet max, with 8 fresh batteries in the Bushnell.

I am much more impressed with the night performance of the I40 now then I was before, and am withholding judgement on the Bushnell Trophy Cam. I did move the trophy Cam in closer behind the salt block (should be 10-12 feet from deer), and made a few other tweaks after re-reading the manual (increased picture interval to 20 seconds, increase the PIR sensitivity to High). I will post more on this after I pull the card saturday.