Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Reconyx HC500 & HC600 >

Reconyx HC500 & HC600

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Reconyx HC500 & HC600

Old 06-19-2010, 06:40 AM
Spike

Default Reconyx HC500 & HC600

Everyone that I talked to about these cameras have had nothing but good things to say about them. The phrase I keep hearing is "You get what you pay for" and in this case its worth the extra money. However everyone I talked to has only had one for a few weeks or months. Did anyone have one of these cameras for more than one season to know how they hold up from year to year? It also comes with a one year warranty, is Reconyx good about working with you if there is a problem with in that one year time? Thanks
Old 06-19-2010, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have either of the models you are asking about but I do have a Reconyx RC55. Simply put, there is nothing else like them. They don't miss anything and the pics are crystal clear. I recommend if you get one, to only run lithium batteries in the colder months though. If not, the night-time pics are a little grainy. As far as their customer service goes, it is also second to none. Cameras are made and serviced right here in America, so when you call them, you don't get the run-around. In my opinion, there is no better camera out there.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 06-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Spike

I think I will probably buy a Reconyx in the coming months once I save up for it. It is very pricey however and I went back and forth on getting one. But my current thought process is that it doesn't do any good to buy 2-3 cheaper trail cameras that don't provide the same quality or speed in taking the pictures, and worse yet, not work after a season or two. I would rather buy one camera, even if it will cost a small fortune, get every picture thats out there and let it work for a few years.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

These cameras are new this year so no one will have had one long. I have had a RM-45 outdoors going on 3 years now without a tick in performance. I have had the HC600 out for a month and have been pleased with the results. The flash seems better than my BTC's even though it is black flash.

This is a whole new model for Reconyx so the jury is still out on the reliability. Chasingame.com stopped their review due to some sort of issue with their test camera so I will withhold a recommendation at this time.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:36 AM
Fork Horn

Earlier this year I decided to to make the jump to Reconyx and get the HC600. I knew they were scheduled to start rolling out in early May and from following the previous Model, the RC60, they never seem to go on sale from what I could tell. In May I got a coupon from Cabelas for a pretty good discount. I think it was for $50 off a purchase of $500 or more. Since I was going to buy one anyway, this was pretty good timing and I used it on a new HC600. However, I am having my woods logged off this summer so I decided not to put it out yet, but can't wait to get it out later in July.

By the way, I am starting to see used RC60's (and probably other models) going for less than they were before the HC600 came out on Ebay. Must be because the new models are out. I think you could get a pretty good deal on one if you're patient.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Spike

Default reconyx HC 600

DIGI: OR JACKSON BOWNER:
Can you take your camera and put it in a dark place,like a basement, then walk or move to make it take a picture, in the dark.
What I want to know is the "flash" completly non visible to the human eye???
THANK YOU dr4pat

Last edited by dr4pat; 07-03-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

The flash is completely invisible to my eye and others that have posted on the subject. I have gotten pics of deer looking at the cam and sniffing it so I don't know if it is invisible to the deer as it is to me or if they can hear something or just know something is foreign.

I tested the cam in a manner similar to what you write when I received it and I could not see the flash. However, there is a very audible filter clunk when it switches from IR to color and vice versa so the animal that creates the first trigger of each change in mode will probably hear the filter.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Spike

DIGI:
I thank you for the info, I have lots of deer looking at my glow or flash on my cameras, plus I would like to have one that is completely non visible to the eye for obvious reasons.
Thanks Again, dr4pat
Old 07-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

The new black flash Uway is coming out soon and is one to look at. It should retail for $330, a bit cheaper than the HC600. Only downside is it is a new company with no track record on QC.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dad bought a HC500 and we have had it out in the woods for going on 4 weeks now. He is runing energizer lithium batteries in it and so far we are up to around 5500 pictures and it is still on 99% battery. The flash range isnt quit what my RC55 is but you sure cant beat the battery life. The day time picture quality is better than mine and the night time is every bit of my RC55.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.