HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   any ideas ? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/324392-any-ideas.html)

crabclaw 06-11-2010 07:03 AM

any ideas ?

what do you think is on the neck of the buck on the right ? i was thinking ticks, but it seems strange that they are all grouped up.

smokepolehall 06-11-2010 09:38 AM

I don't think its a cluster of ticks as he could rub off many of them. Looks like the skin tumors. I sawthem on deer fer abit over 50 yrs. Not the same deer but during my hunting time

Bloodsaw 06-11-2010 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by crabclaw (Post 3635193)
what do you think is on the neck of the buck on the right ? i was thinking ticks, but it seems strange that they are all grouped up.

go to google toolbar and type in "deer warts"...IMHO thats prolly what your looking at, not harmful at all

halfbakedi420 06-11-2010 03:40 PM

sure looks like a misplaced shot, that is healing..looks like maybe an arrow went through too high, and he lived, and is still healing...

GTOHunter 06-11-2010 07:39 PM

I have several trail camera pic's of a young Spike Buck that has several ticks clustered up on the back side of each ear where he can't reach...never saw any located in a spot that close to where they could reach by raising its back leg and scratch?I bet its something else like everyone is mentioning?Keep any eye on that specific Deer and see if You get a closer picture!

BigDaddy12t 06-12-2010 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420 (Post 3635325)
sure looks like a misplaced shot, that is healing..looks like maybe an arrow went through too high, and he lived, and is still healing...

This was my first thought too.

crabclaw 06-12-2010 03:31 PM

Well Bloodsaw I Googled deer warts and I'm hoping thats what it is. I'm hoping its not a misplaced shot. I've never seen anything like it on any of my pics before. Thanks for the replys. I added another pic of him as well.

lbott29 06-12-2010 04:40 PM

same

2 Attachment(s)
i have pictures of a small buck with the same thing they are some sort of tumor but they seem to go away because i saw this vdeer during hunting season and they were gone

buckclub 06-15-2010 01:39 PM

i seriously doubt that that is from an arrow or gun for that matter. It would have happened roughly six to 9 months prior the picture and would have easily healed by now.

halfbakedi420 06-15-2010 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by buckclub (Post 3636409)
i seriously doubt that that is from an arrow or gun for that matter. It would have happened roughly six to 9 months prior the picture and would have easily healed by now.

this could be true, but poachers...they use a .22 sometimes, or arrows. it certainly doesnt look like the bumps in the previous pics, and doesnt look like an abundance of flee's or tick's either