HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   what camera to buy? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/322272-what-camera-buy.html)

DR KILL 04-25-2010 01:35 PM

what camera to buy?

ok guys i have owned several wildview cameras and all have taken a dump on me , from not working at all or just taking all white pics, so now im in the market for a new camera , im looking for a camera with burst mode ., i dont really need video or ir im only looking for a easy to use camera that will last over a year

thanks in advance

PastorJim08 04-25-2010 01:49 PM

What price range are you in? For $200.00 there are alot of great units such as the Bushnell Trophycam, Moultrie I-40, Cuddeback Capture, and some of the Spypoints. In the $100-$150.00 range there are a couple more Spypoints and I also own a Stealthcam I-590 that I have had great luck with and it was all of $97.00. The Moultrie I-40 that I mentioned in the first group is being discontinued after this year and I have saw those on sale for as little as $120.00. IMO that camera takes the best quality pics of any commercial camera. Good luck with your choice.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

DR KILL 04-25-2010 01:54 PM

thanks pastor, im looking to spend 200 or less, one thing i liked about the wildviews is that i only paid 60 $ each i use these cameras on public land and if it gets stollen at that price i dont take that big of a loss

Hunt4Life23 04-25-2010 02:01 PM

I got the stealth i590 that pastorjim mentioned and love it. the flash is incredible, picture quality is great, and its less than $100. It does have a slow trigger speed- around 4 second, but it is a great camera for the price. I also bought a locking bracket for it for only $15 and it is easy to set up. Great buy in my opinion

Siman08/OH 04-25-2010 04:28 PM

Cuddeback Capture first choice,

Then the Moultrie I-40. Im pleased with both.

BigDaddy12t 04-25-2010 05:45 PM

Cuddeback Capture flash.

J Pike 04-25-2010 07:53 PM

I own alot of cams that cost under $200.00. These days I wont spend more than $100.00 on a cam in case they get stolen. I wait for them to go on sale when I cant control the addiction and am forced to buy another one.
I have 3 Moultrie D-40's, never had a problem with any of them except one of them grew legs and walked away. I paid under $70.00 for each one and are well worth the money.

I have 5 Wildview Xtreme 5 cams, again paid under $70.00 each one, Great pic's, awseome flash, wide angle sensor and great customer service. The only problem I have had is ants invaded one of them last summer and ruined my LCD display, (Ants will damage any cam no matter how much they cost) Wildview replaced it with no questions asked.

2 Scoutguard SG550 IR cams, (same as the Bushnell Trophy Cam) I Paid $180.00 for, amazing battery life, never any problems very poor night time pics and will never buy one again because of it.

2 Cuddyback Capture's, Flash, Paid $175.00, awesome cam, great pics, battery life, flash, trigger, Never had a problem but have heard they have poor customer service. Just DO NOT BUY THE CAPTURE IR CAM.

1 SteathCam I590, I paid $130.00 for it. Great cam, pics, flash, etc. Never had any problems with it.

GTOHunter 04-28-2010 05:40 PM

I saw an add in a recent Hunting Magazine that Moultrie is coming out with a newer designed trail camera that is compatible with their Game Spy unit and program for around $150.00,and its an IR camera....went to their Web Site and their I-60 camera's are on sale for $150.00 which is a very good buy on their 6.0 megapixel camera with the in-field viewer.

deer2kill 04-28-2010 08:54 PM

I have used them all and the best bang for your buck is one of the Original trail cams the camtrakker. They are built right here in the great US of A and work better than any of the others on the market! They are worth the $429 since they come with rechargeable battery packs have super crystal clear images and can detect motion much farther away than other high end cameras. I place them on intersections in the woods where trails cross at different distance like out to 60 feet and farther. Never miss a shot. Check them out at http://www.camtrakker.com and if you buy one you will simply be glad you did!