Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Potential problem for new Bushnell Trophycam >

Potential problem for new Bushnell Trophycam

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Potential problem for new Bushnell Trophycam

Old 04-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Potential problem for new Bushnell Trophycam

I went to the woods this week to swap cards in my new Bushnell Trophycam. It has been out approx. three weeks. When I got the card back to the truck and popped it in the laptop, the card was full, over 1900 exposures. I began to scroll through the pics and found most of them empty. At times, it seemed the cam would go on picture taking runs and take 2-3 pics a minute for hours on end. I thought about the settings and realized I had it set on high sensitivity, so I walked back in and changed it to normal sensitivity. I hope this cures the problem. I went on chasingame today and saw that they suspended their review because of the same problem so that makes me a bit nervous. I will check it again in about a week and hope for better results with the new setting. I have high hopes for this cam because of it's small size and amazing battery life, so I really want it to work. The one positive is that I bought it from trailcampro.com and I know their return policy is rock-solid and they will take care of me. The few pics it did take of animals were good, I just had to wade through alot of blanks to find them.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Attached Thumbnails Potential problem for new Bushnell Trophycam-pict0030.jpg   Potential problem for new Bushnell Trophycam-pict0031.jpg   Potential problem for new Bushnell Trophycam-pict0032.jpg  

Last edited by PastorJim08; 04-24-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

My friend and I have the same cam as you and his went on a crazy spurt as well. He had it out 2 separate times and had over 1000 pictures of nothing. He called Bushnell and they are repairing it for free.

Mine hasnt given my a problem yet...keepin the fingers crossed
Old 04-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

I've got the very same issue with my 2010 Bushnell TC. Bought the camera from trailcampro in early April and everything appeared to be fine after a few test at home. But when I retrieved the card it had 3140 pics it just continuously took pictures until the card was full. After making adjustments to the settings and formatting another SD card, it still had the same issue.

I've contacted trailcampro and they're going to exchange this one with another BTC, which suits me no problem.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by haystack
I've got the very same issue with my 2010 Bushnell TC. Bought the camera from trailcampro in early April and everything appeared to be fine after a few test at home. But when I retrieved the card it had 3140 pics it just continuously took pictures until the card was full. After making adjustments to the settings and formatting another SD card, it still had the same issue.

I've contacted trailcampro and they're going to exchange this one with another BTC, which suits me no problem.
Mine's going back tomorrow.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 04-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

That sucks! Never mind my post on your other post, asking what kind of problems you were having. Sure seems like there are alot of problems with these Bushnells.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:21 AM
Fork Horn

From what I understand after reading through a couple of different reviews is that the earliest 2010 cameras had the issue of continuous pictures. I think if you got a camera a little later, Bushnell had fixed the issue. I purchased a 2010 model in late March and haven't had any issues so far. I just pulled it from the woods though as I have a bear that seems to like to eat trail cameras so I 'm waiting to get a bear safe box before I put it back out.