Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Trail Cameras illegal in Montana >

Trail Cameras illegal in Montana

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Trail Cameras illegal in Montana

Old 04-09-2010, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same reason you cannot use a laser sight on a gun, or a flashlight. Same reason some states do not allow electronic sights. Some people think hunting should be kept a primitive sport. Some people think it takes the sport out of hunting, that you already know where the game are, sort of like using a phone or radio to tell other hunters where animals are. It is giving the hunter a better edge...

...or maybe Montana released a Bigfoot back in the 1970's that was created in a lab, and now they do not want anyone to find it. So, they are banning cameras.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, would imagine that the perception would be that it confers some sort of unfair advantage. Not saying that i agree with it, but can sort of understand the logic considering the many other things that are banned from state to state
Old 04-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

Dumb law. Like the guides that work for the outfitters in MT don't sit over a crop field everynight for 3 months prior to hunting season scouting game, taking pictures and taking notes on whats where and when.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Its true and its sucks. I love messing around with trail cams. Its a whole separate activity to me, now its toast. They say because of time stamps, you can pattern an animal too easily and it goes against fair chase. Basically, they obviously haven't used one, it just aint that easy.
The only days that there isn't a commission adopted hunting season is June 15 - Aug 15. Those are the days you can use a cam.
I get my best pics from Dec-March. This is a serious bummer.

If they are going to do this, I hope they ban laser range finders, ballistic scopes, sites on bows, technical clothing(anything to keep you dry and warm and out longer), you know, because all of these things give man a distinct advantage over game, and these things have "caused" the death of far more animals than any trail cam.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Spike

MTdrahthaar don't forget the fish finders! Talk about an advantage!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MTdrahthaar
They say because of time stamps, you can pattern an animal too easily and it goes against fair chase.
Some cameras allow a person to turn off the clock. Heck if thats the only thing they can find to gripe about I'll sure all trail cam manufacturers will be glad to do away with the clock. Sounds like they are grasping at straws to me.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

I am sure there is more, its just someone in the right position with some sort of agenda. I am sure its somebody whom has never used one, thinking its just that easy.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Id be a robin hood FO SHO
Old 04-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Siman08/OH
Id be a robin hood FO SHO

No kidding, if someone decides to break the law by using cameras, I won't turn them in...
Old 04-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another example of some government agency trying to kill a swarm of gnats with a shotgun.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.