Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
A few pics from last month - S600, Stealthcam I390, SG 550 >

A few pics from last month - S600, Stealthcam I390, SG 550

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

A few pics from last month - S600, Stealthcam I390, SG 550

Old 02-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default A few pics from last month - S600, Stealthcam I390, SG 550

Going through trail camera pictures this month I saw a new buck that really looks promising. As far as I know these are my first ever pictures of him. He's a 9 point this year and I would guess him to be a 3 1/2 year old. Not sure if he will stick around until next hunting season, and he isn't quite as nice as the 3 1/2 year old 11 point that I passed up during this season, but he should be a very respectable buck next year.

On first glance I would have to say that he must share some heritage with the buck that I had named Double Wide. If Double Wide wasn't his daddy, then he must have been his brother. Maybe I should call him DW jr.

Here's a picture of the buck I called Double Wide a couple years earlier in nearly the same exact spot.

The bucks are starting to use the protein feeder, but not like usual for this time of year. I guess the combination of the wetter than usual winter and the food plots that turned out really good this year is making them less dependent on the protein pellets. Last year I was going through 300lbs of pellets every 3 weeks, this year I only added 50lbs the last month. Here's a decent group at the feeder together.

The pigs are coming around pretty regularly. I got pictures of 2 different sounders that both had over a dozen pigs in them. I saw 2 pig beds where they had made a nest to have their babies when I was stomping around trying to spook up some quail this weekend. It really is amazing how nice and neat they make their beds, they tear up grass and layer it all around the perimeter. It ends up looking like a giant birds nest on the ground. I should have taken some pictures.

This is the biggest boar that I've got coming around on a regular basis. I would guess he is in the 200lb range.

The brown one in the middle of this picture is about the same size. He has a huge scar on his right side probably from fighting with another boar over a hot momma pig!

Couple other pictures that I thought were neat. We've had more snow this year than any time I can remember living here over 20 years now. They said it was the 5th white Christmas in Lubbock's history. Here's a Christmas eve doe.

This guy is not a huge buck or anything, just a standard 2 1/2 year old 9 point, but I really thought the sky in the background made this picture turn out neat.

Pretty disappointed that I haven't gotten any pictures of the 3 1/2 year old 11 point that I passed on several times during the first week of hunting season but still holding out a tiny bit of hope that he might have made it though.

Oh well, been a while since I posted up any of my pictures and thought I would share.

Nathan
Old 02-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

great pictures! that last one is awesome
Old 02-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome pics! Thanks for posting them.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics thanks for posting.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 02-25-2010, 05:19 PM