Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
tasco trail cameras >

tasco trail cameras

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

tasco trail cameras

Old 02-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default tasco trail cameras

the tasco trail cameras at wally world are priced at 79$ even, and im told they identical to the 99$ bushnell , and they look it pretty much. my question is, is it a decent camera? anyone used it? thanks
Old 02-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

I had one last fall and it worked great. It was stolen within a month of purchase so I'm more careful with locking my cameras to the tree and have since acquired another one that is in the woods right now. The only issue I have with the camera is that it doesn't always respond when I try to turn it off. I can hold the power button and nothing will happen. It's relatively easy to set everything up on it though and takes pretty decent pictures. I'm hoping to post some pictures after this weekend.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bandgod
I had one last fall and it worked great. It was stolen within a month of purchase so I'm more careful with locking my cameras to the tree and have since acquired another one that is in the woods right now. The only issue I have with the camera is that it doesn't always respond when I try to turn it off. I can hold the power button and nothing will happen. It's relatively easy to set everything up on it though and takes pretty decent pictures. I'm hoping to post some pictures after this weekend.

Have any pictures off your old one? I would like to see some of the older ones or new ones as soon as possible, thanks
Old 02-19-2010, 02:03 AM
Fork Horn

Here's a link to a photobucket I just created, I hope it works!

http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/z...g.jpg&newest=1
Old 02-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I asked this very same question just after Christmas. I rec'd 1 as a gift, and had never heard of them. I was told its basically a Bushnell. I've always used cheaper trail cameras, mainly Wildview & Moultrie in past becasue I've had them stolen even when chain locked, and screwd through the back into a tree. From my experience with those cameras battery life is about 30-40 days during warm months. So I was curious to see what this camera would do. I put it out on a winter deer run 1/11. Its taken well over 300 pics, and still going. Durng this time temps have been mainly in the 20's, but have also had several day in a row of below zero temps. Picture quality is good, and noticed its capturing more deer in full view over my Wildviews. So far for the $ I'm impressed. I plan to purchase another shortly.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

Whats the flash range on it? Seems kindof dark...........
Old 02-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

I noticed that when I viewed them in the photobucket. On my home computer they weren't as dark and I can brighten them too with photoshop and the pictures come out clear and bright.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

I also think I didn't set the camera up very well. Too low to the ground so the flash was too low to light up the deer. If you check out the review on chasinggame.com they have a very favorable view of this camera too.