Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Favorite 09-10 pics >

Favorite 09-10 pics

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Favorite 09-10 pics

Old 02-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Typical Buck

great pics... love the first one!
Old 02-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fastetti
Great Pics! 2 Questions:

1) What are the 2 cams you are using? Looking to pick up a reasonably priced new cam and don't know much about them.

2) Which one of these did you get this year!!
1. The pics with the temp and moon phase are moultrie I-40 moldels. The other pics are from a Bushnell Trophy Cam. I would buy the Bushnell over the moultrie for sure!

2. If you mean what deer I got this year the answer is none of them. I did actually shoot the wide 10pt from 11/11/09 pic but i just grazed his belly and the neighbor got him during gun season. he grossed 155"
Old 02-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah i have the i40 and i am very disappointed... By the time i realized that you could download updates to fix some of the problems the camera has it was too late. They had taken it off of their website and now i am stuck with a camera that takes infrared pictures during all times, even at 1pm, and also a lot of the pictures are whited out. I got a cuddeback and have not been let down, yet.... I think i make pick up a bushnell bc that seemed to have worked super well

Nice pictures and it looks like you have a great place to hunt!!!!
Old 02-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

nice bucks great pics
Old 02-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info. Im looking for my first camera this year. Ive never had a piece of property to hunt within 4 hours of my house outside Chicago. I hunted a one acre piece this year that is in a sub division on $1,000,000 plus house (Not Mine!) but they have big yards that are half woods and luckily my friends borders a restricted Forest preserve of 120 acres of flood plaines that is all high fence, except for a creek than runs through that leaves just enough room for deer to get through. Here are my favorite pics from a friends cam I got this year.

The picture above is a MONSTER 10 that I only saw once and he heard me walking in, crossed the creek thinking I was another buck and caught me half way up in my climber, bow on the ground. It stunk!

First time I saw a buck in my stand this year it was this little guy, I would have taken the shot but he came in about 3 minutes after it was too dark to find my pins.

The picture below is why I like the first two pics! Got this guy the night before I was heading to Michigan for Rifle season. Unfortunately, I didn't get any great picks with him, I was too busy skinning and quartering to get any good pics. I was in my backup camo and third string camo hat and I look I weight 175 pds! He was my first buck with a bow. I killed too many to count with a gun, but first with a bow. 9 yards shot.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

Awwsome!!!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

i wish i had the power to tell people to let deer reach the right age butt my uncle lets his friends hunt there and shoot any thing that moves and it sucks because there are some nice deeer there but your land looks good
Old 03-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice pictures indeed and some nice bucks
Old 03-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Spike

Thats a pretty nice buck for a first bow harvest. Congratz! nice pics by the way.