Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Trophy Cam Battery Life >

Trophy Cam Battery Life

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Trophy Cam Battery Life

Old 02-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trophy Cam Battery Life

I have had my 2 Trophy Cams out for 8 months each. 14,000 pictures between the 2. I changed my batteries 4 at a time, it holds 8. I have used 12 batteries in each camera so far. It says 8 batteries will last a whole year, well they were close!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Daughter loves Your Avatar.......! LMAO

Oh yeah....thats a lot of pictures and long time for a couple of batteries...! Congrats
Old 02-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

The one year battery life per Bushnell is when you use Lithium batteries. I personally didnt get to the full year but did get 10 months from one set
Old 02-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats great info, thanks for posting it. Its nice to have posts like this so people can campare diferent trail cams when they are buying.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

my trophycams are defective. i get less than a week out of both of them, and that is WITH lithiums!!! I should send them back. i don't even use them anymore.

actually, one gets a couple weeks and the other only a couple days. $200 a piece. sucks.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Rackluster - send them back. I've had my camera out since mid December with several weeks of -20 degree weather and the batteries still show 2/3 life and those are just the energizer max, not lithiums. I've had about 2200 pictures to go with the long battery life.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

Definitely send them back. You have a 2 year warranty and yours are definitely defective. These cams work great, but like with all electronics, something may go wrong........

Thanks,
Joe
Old 02-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

i have noticed that the batteries do not sit in the cameras very well. so that could be why the batteries die quickly. they don sit well with the springs. every time i set the camera up i have to make sure the batteries are pushed in. ill set my camera up, and the battery gauge will show one mark. then i notice a couple of batteries not sitting well in camera. push them in and the gauge will jump to full life.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is it possible to stretch the springs a little bit? This would put more pressure on the batteries. Just a thought.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

I have also heard of folks putting a thing cushion between the batteries and the door to keep them in place.