Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

beginner cam

Old 01-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like my Moultrie I-60 Infrared Camera....it has the built-in color viewer screen so You can view pictures out in the field and if there's some nice Deer/Buck pic's on it you can pull the SD card and have pic's made or even a CD for viewing and extra picture making later on and it has 6.0 megapixels and the Infrared flash has 72 LED's so picture quality is very good during the day and night.I got mine on sale for $180.00 + tax,if You watch for sales at BassProShop,Cabela's or even Wal-Mart you can get an even better trail camera for a reasonable price.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

Can deer see the IR flash? I saw a thread before about deer being spooked at the flash of regular flashes, and also IR flashes. Then it was mentioned that it wasn't the flash but the sound of the shutter or other part of the camera spooking them.

I know humans can't see IR with the naked eye, but do know that deer can see a different spectrum also.

If you wanna know if your IR camera's are flashing a quick was to see if to look at it with your cell phone on camera/picture mode. I won a bet proving you can see IR this way after another guy said its impossible to see it. My cell phone and a TV remote proved him wrong in about 5 seconds.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Lifeguard
As cheap as $80, huh. Well then maybe there are some people interested in this one for $50 Canadian. Can't verify quality, but one hell of a price:

http://radioworld.ca/product_info.ph...oducts_id=6317
Originally Posted by pnut
I'm sure it's top of the line.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can actually see the IR "Glow" when the camera flashes,then it also has a shutter "Click" that can be heard when in IR mode,sometimes the Deer seem bothered by it and other times it doesn't faize them at all.....but I can tell you that they stay around a lot more than they ever did when I used my older Moultrie 4.0 with the flash!
Old 01-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

i am leaning towards a moultrie gamespy i40
Old 01-22-2010, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Scoutguard glows red when it goes off but doesn't make any clicking noises.
The new black IR is the way to go if going with IR.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:36 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by pnut
I'm sure it's top of the line.
Yeh, I'm thinking if you check the manual, the warranty probably says they will warrant the product to be free of defects in workmanship and material until you hit the till. Good price though.