Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

beginner cam

Old 01-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default beginner cam

thinkin on gettin my first trail camera and gettin it put out soon, what would be a good first camera price in mind, and decent quality, oh and i need something simple
Old 01-21-2010, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to one of the most addictive hobbies on the face of the earth. While this may be your first trailcam, I predict it won't be your last. How much are you wanting to spend? IMO you need to spend about $200.00 to get a good quality camera. Good cameras in that range are the Cuddeback Capture, not the IR version, Bushnell Trophycam, Moultrie I-40, or the Scoutguard. In the $100.00 range, I would recommend the Stealthcam I-590 or some of the Wildviews. The Wildgame innovations cameras are also in this price-range but I haven't had any experience with them. You can also log on to www.chasingame.com all they do are camera reviews. www.trailcampro.com is another good site to read reviews and also buy cameras. Hope this helps and good luck.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 01-21-2010, 05:28 AM
Spike

I have five moultrie's and they have all treated me well. A couple of them I picked up for $100 new and they have worked well. I agree with PJim, this is very addicting and you will have a lot of fun with them. Find one that has the features you want, put it out, and see what you get on it. Drop in and tell us what you bought and post some pics from it, I would love to see them.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Spike

I love my Cuddeback Capture, the trigger speed is amazing, the battery life is long and so far, I have had no problems with it. Set-up is very simple too.

Previously I have owned Stealth cameras and found their trigger speed to be slow resulting in "blank" photos or only capturing the back half of deer. If you do go with a cheaper camera, be sure to set it up over a scrape or a food source as they usually take longer to trigger. For game trails, set the camera up at an angle so you have the animal moving through the camera area for a longer period of time to make sure you get the picture.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

just google "game cameras" , and if ya want infrared, then google "infrared game cameras"
i seen cams with flashes as low as $80..and infrared at bout $200
after ya find one...there is usually a "reviews" button and is usually helpful.... sometimes one might look cheaper than a store bought, but add the shipping to see if the savings are true.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd start with the $200 range.
If ya want an IR then i'd look at the Bushnell TC and if you are wanting flash I'd recommend the Cudde Capture.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Spike

As cheap as $80, huh. Well then maybe there are some people interested in this one for $50 Canadian. Can't verify quality, but one hell of a price:

http://radioworld.ca/product_info.ph...oducts_id=6317
Old 01-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lifeguard
As cheap as $80, huh. Well then maybe there are some people interested in this one for $50 Canadian. Can't verify quality, but one hell of a price:

http://radioworld.ca/product_info.ph...oducts_id=6317
I'm sure it's top of the line.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

make sure to look for a support group in your home town when you buy your first one, you too will become addicted
Old 01-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Spike

I got a wildgame nation ir4 it was 90 bucks at dicks and buy quality batteries and get 2 SD cards and here is just a few of the 3000 pics i have got since jan 1
Attached Thumbnails beginner cam-pict0007.jpg   beginner cam-pict0094.jpg   beginner cam-pict0103.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.