Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
I cant figure out my land...(good and bad) >

I cant figure out my land...(good and bad)

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

I cant figure out my land...(good and bad)

Old 01-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I cant figure out my land...(good and bad)

my land is so confusing!! in the months around hunting season i get ALOT of pictures on my camera and see alot of tracks and sign....today i find tracks and trails everywhere and beds...the last 3 months i have not got a good picture of a buck and in the last week(the week after archery is over) i get 90 videos of deer...small bucks and does and anterless bucks...ugh it makes it difficult to find deer during season!! just venting...
Old 01-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you have food plots?
Old 01-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

if ya came home and there was a deer in the livin room....would ya notice? your walkin into the deers livin room.
i would work a little harder on stealth ..and that means scent!!..imagine you are a fishin net full of rice...as you walk.... rice (scent) is fallin all over you.and the ground and basically everywhere..so get some huntin laundry soap and get an outfit that holds in all the rice and make sure everything is tucked in..i.g your head cove into your jacket, your jacket into your pants, and your pants into your boots then boot spray everywhere!! this could help!
Old 01-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

no i do not have a foot plot..i have a mineral lick in the middle of a forest.....and its true that i dont "de-scent" mostly because i dont have time or money for supplies....
Old 01-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you just answered your own questions.
Put in food plots, the deer are probably just randomly roaming around looking for food which is why your can't pin'm down and start descenting. The sprays are pretty cheap.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

well the problem is that we currently have cows on the property as well...they would destroy the food plot....im suprised it took them 4 months to find my salt lick....i hate them dang things...waste of camera space...
Old 01-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cows and deer don't mix. You have to fence them off and use that space for hunting/food plots.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

even if i did fence them off all the land for the deer would be timber and not a big enough clearing for a food plot....just a lose lose for me no matter what it seems like
Old 01-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

where ya from bud?
Old 01-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Food plots don't have to be that big.
We have 600 acres and over half of that has cattle on it. I rarely see deer around the cows and never hunt it. I have a food plot that is in the middle of a ton of timbers. Maybe 50ft x 200ft and the deer hit it constantly. I plow it with a 4wheeler .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.