Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
week 2 - 556 pictures >

week 2 - 556 pictures

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

week 2 - 556 pictures

Old 01-10-2010, 03:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default week 2 - 556 pictures

My Bushnell TC was out for the second full week with overnight lows in the -15 range. I still managed to capture 556 pictures and the battery life is still shown to be at 2/3. I've included a few samples of what the camera can do. I wish I would have had it set for video mode when the two bucks were fighting in front of it. The trigger range seems to be very sensitive in the cold weather on just the normal setting. I had deer trigger the camera from as far away as 60 feet. I need to figure out where the best angle is for this camera to take the best nighttime pictures as I had it either too low or facing down a little bit this last week.
Attached Thumbnails week 2 - 556 pictures-bushnell-438.jpg   week 2 - 556 pictures-bushnell-190.jpg   week 2 - 556 pictures-buck-web.jpg   week 2 - 556 pictures-squirrel-web.jpg   week 2 - 556 pictures-does-web.jpg  

Old 01-10-2010, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those are great pics, thanks for sharing. You will tend to get more range out of your camera in the winter because there is a greater difference in the ambient temp vs the body temp of the animal. But don't set your cameras in the summer with that expectation because then the ambient temp and the animal's body temp is much closer thus reducing the range of the camera. Keep the pics coming.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 01-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

Nice pics. The Bushnell Trophy Cams are great little cameras.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great pics! Thanks for posting them. I will be going out today to check mine, hopefully I get a bunch again.
PJ, that is great info about the ambient temp thing, I never would have thought of that.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Scoutguard version of this cam like mine your Bushnell takes great daytime pics but poor night time pics. I have been very disapointed with mine and have decided to stick with flash cams for now on. Pike
Old 01-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
Great pics! Thanks for posting them. I will be going out today to check mine, hopefully I get a bunch again.
PJ, that is great info about the ambient temp thing, I never would have thought of that.
If the animals body temp is 90 and its 90 out, it will be very difficult to pick it up.

you can adjust the sensitivity higher in summer to pick up game. page 22 in the manual.