HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Please dont turn this into mines better then yours argument (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/311637-please-dont-turn-into-mines-better-then-yours-argument.html)

BigDaddy12t 12-05-2009 10:35 AM

Please dont turn this into mines better then yours argument

Looking at another Camera, I have the Moultrie D40 now, and like the cam ,but the trigger speed is slow.

Moultrie 5.0 Outfitters Sale price $119
Moultrie Gamespy 4.0 Sale Price $79
Wildview Extreme 5.0 $120
Stealth Cam I590 sale Price $90
Stealth Cam Sniper Pro Sale Price $130
Stealth Cam Rogue IR Sale Price $100
Cuddeback Capture 3.0 $200

If there are others that I should look at, let me know.
Please post any pics that you have from YOUR cam, and list what camera it is from.

One of the most importent things is trigger speed.

PastorJim08 12-05-2009 10:47 AM

This is my honest opinion. If you say trigger speed is an issue for you, then all the cameras you listed are still going to have that issue with the exception of the Cuddeback. I do not own any Cudde's but I know they are one of the fastest triggering cameras out there. Sometimes you can overcome slow trigger speed by pointing the camera up or down the trail or by using some sort of attractant in front of the camera that makes the animal linger. If you do decide on the Cuddeback Capture, stay away from the IR. Most of the night-time pics I have seen from it are not very good. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

BigDaddy12t 12-05-2009 01:10 PM

Thanks Jim, can I aask what kind of cameras you have? And I am still interested in seeing some pics.

Ron in SC 12-05-2009 05:35 PM

if you don't like the Moultrie d40 trigger speed you will not like a Stealth camera. I have both and the Moultrie seems to have a faster trigger in my opinion.

PastorJim08 12-06-2009 12:53 AM

I have two Moultrie I-40s, one Steathcam I-590, and a Reconyx 55. I am also working on building a homebrew from a Sony S600. Below I will post both day and night pictures from all.

Moultrie I-40. The best thing about this camera is the battery life and quality of daytime pics. I just brought the camera in yesterday after it had been out for six months on the same set of batteries. They still were at 44%.

Daytime pic.

Night-time I-40

Stealthcam I590. The best thing about this camera is the quality of both day and night photos because it is a white-flash camera. IMO it is a good value for the money, about $97.00. Slow trigger speed though.

Reconyx RC55. The best thing about this camera is by far, the trigger speed. It takes photos so fast, that when you are scrolling through them on the computer, it almost looks like video. I know that it never misses anything. The downsides would be the price, about $550.00 and I think for that kind of money, the night-time photos could be better.

Reconyx pics.

Night-time Reconyx

Hope this helps with your decision.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

habitat 12-08-2009 11:41 AM

Bushnell trophy cam check out chasingame.com for all the reveiws

Siman08/OH 12-09-2009 12:51 PM

Cuddeback capture is my favorite: