Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
How do we stop thieves?? >

How do we stop thieves??

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

How do we stop thieves??

Old 11-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Shooter1963
Maybe rig the cover with an incinerary device which detonates when opened?
I always say, locks only keep the honest people out. Thieves will be thieves. Same goes with the bastards who steal tree stands. Sportsmanship is becomming a "lost" trait.
Maybe a sniper. That way the camera wont get stolen and you will get first hand knowledge of what is going through there. But on a serious note there is not much you can do except hide it really good. If they want it they will find a way to take it.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok a question for the techies (I know thats not a word) ok geeks. Do they make a small, and cheap enough GPS devise that we could put in our cams. So we could track these thieves down?

For that matter, are there any of the trailcam companys putting out a cam with a chip already in them?

OH OH, did I just miss out on a possible patent?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Spike

How about if you had only one cam out in the field and you left a note in it reading... "If you plan on taking this camera, you better make sure you take the other two cameras(which are nonexistant) which I have out here, because if I have a picture of you on one of the other two I will call the authorites and let them figure it out." I am going to do this. We'll see if it works.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got my camera stolen last week on public land. I thought it was a possibility but it was a cheap camera and i made sure it was hidden real well but someone must of saw the flash or something and went to check it out. Thought people would have the courtesy of not stealing someone elses stuff but I guess i should of thought twice about that. I thought about trying to set up some way to catch them if they came back but figured it might not be worth it. Worst part was that i lost the memory card in it and didnt get to see the pictures since there was a fresh scrape fifteen yards in front of it that wasnt there when i set the camera up :-/
Old 11-04-2009, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

I understand what ya mean, good cameras are expensive but an idea is that, ur neighbors are getting stuff stolen too. So talk to them and go together on each using one of ur cameras and setting up a little trap for em.