Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cuddeback IR...?

Old 09-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by haystack

Thanks for your time it took to read all of this.
You knew i would. yes i own 2 scoutguards. They say scoutguard and the bushnell are the same internally so i do think i have some experience with these cams. Maybe its a bad batch of cameras. I wish someone would post some of those dark pics instead of just complaining about them.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Spike

I purchased the Bushnell Trophy Cam (first camera ever) from Cabelas a couple weeks ago and set it out over the Labor Day weekend. I did not purchase the "Cabelas Exclusive" camera that included the SD card with the Camo Trophy Cam but rather got the all black Trophy Cam without the SD Card. After calling Bushnell customer service about some questions I had in regards to the camera I also asked what SD card they recomended. The getleman that I spoke with said unfortunately they have seen a lot of problems with the cards that were included in the Cabelas offer and he recomended using a Sandisk card. He said that the included SD card was something that Cabelas wanted and was put together by them. I did notice that the "Cabelas Exclusive" offer was advertised as a Cabelas camera "brought to you by Bushnell" on the packaging. I ended up getting a couple 2GB Sandisk cards and through basic testing things seem fine. I will not be back in the woods anymore until season starts so I will have to wait until then to check the card and see the results. I just thought the SD card issue from Cabelas was worth mentioning. I checked Cabela's website and from the reviews you can see that the Trophy Cam sold without the SD card has better reviews than the one with. No doubt some of these SD cards from Cabelas have caused some issues with the Trophy Cam. Bushnell is taking the heat on this one.