HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Technical Issues with my Moultrie (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/302675-technical-issues-my-moultrie.html)

teedub31 09-05-2009 12:29 PM

Technical Issues with my Moultrie

My dad got this Moultrie from Cabela's a couple of years back. Not sure of the model but it cost about $170 new. He used it a few times, but not being a tecnical wizard he gave it up. I began using it this year. Did some testing in the yard and in the closet to simulate darkness. everything was a go. Set the camera out for 5 days in a place I knew would produce some activity. Worked like a charm. 40 pics in 5 days at different parts of the day (early, afternoon, evening, night etc). Super pumped cuz I had been seeing a deer in a more remote locale that I was hoping to capture.

Skip to the next few days when I put camera out with fresh battery. Let it set a week to return and find "BATTERY LOW" message and no pics. Thought damn junk Rayovac. Turned the camera off and back on to see a full battery indicator. Oh well, went and bought a more expensive Eveready and set the camera out that evening and waited a week. Upon return, found the camera in the same status "BATTERY LOW". Turned it on and off only to find the battery fully charged. Funny thing was I left the camera on while walking out of the woods and it take pictures on cue as if nothing was wrong. HMMMMM! So then I took the camera into my closet at the house to simulate night. No pics and battery went staight to "BATTERY LOW".

So now I am thinking that even the Eveready's might not have enough juice to trigger the Flash. So I pick up an heavy duty Energizer. Test it on the deck. No problems. Recorded 4-5 events without fail. Tried this set up in the closet. Wham, after the delay..... "BATTERRY LOW":mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad 1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1:

Tried calling Moultrie but they are closed for weekend. Any thoughts or suggestions. Needless to say after my initial successes I am frustrated to hell and back now.

teedub31 09-06-2009 05:16 AM

Wow, 27 hits to this thread and not a single response.:(

arkbwhtr1 09-06-2009 06:31 AM

Sounds like you might have a looose wire somewhere. I've had problems with putting in a fresh battery and the camera not even turning on! Wiggled the positive wire and then it worked. I assume since you only said 'battery' that this is one of the 9 volt battery Moultrie's and not the 6 D cell model. I have had good luck with the repair dept at Moultrie so if you can't figure it out...send it back!!! Anyway...best of luck!

Old/New 09-06-2009 06:35 AM

Well...I'm new to trail cameras and have my own problems. I hit your thread to see if I could learn something. Sorry, but I have no clue as to what your problem is but I hope you get some help. You probably will!