Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Bushnell Trophy Problems >

Bushnell Trophy Problems

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Bushnell Trophy Problems

Old 08-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

I had problems with mind also. From the time I got it it never took what I would call good pics. Sometimes it would lock up in setup mode. Last week when I checked it would not go into setup without a card. Put a card in and it did fine with the exceptions of a few lockups. I sent it back and replaced it with a Spypoint IR-A.
I think there are a lot of problems starting to show up with the Bushnells.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ky Bob
I had problems with mind also. From the time I got it it never took what I would call good pics. Sometimes it would lock up in setup mode. Last week when I checked it would not go into setup without a card. Put a card in and it did fine with the exceptions of a few lockups. I sent it back and replaced it with a Spypoint IR-A.
I think there are a lot of problems starting to show up with the Bushnells.

On page 6-7 of the Bushnell Trophy Cam instruction manual, it clearly states: Before doing any operation, please make sure you have correctly loaded batteries into the Bushnell Trophy Cam and plugged the SD-card into the card slot.

Obviously you did not do that.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by haystack

On page 6-7 of the Bushnell Trophy Cam instruction manual, it clearly states: Before doing any operation, please make sure you have correctly loaded batteries into the Bushnell Trophy Cam and plugged the SD-card into the card slot.

Obviously you did not do that.
So your saying the camera will not go into setup mode without the card? Yes it will and should was the answer I got from a tech at Bushnell.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

I just got a Trophy Cam the other day. I set it up in my backyard over a mineral block I have that I suspect coons are getting into. The block is on a 5 gallon bucket and the block has broken into 2 pieces. Every time I stand it up, the next day it's knocked over and the pieces have been rolled around.

The tree the cam is on is about 15' from the bucket.

The first night, no pics, but the bucket was knocked over and such. Something was there obviously.

I brought the camera in the house and used it in manual mode in the light in shut myself in the closet and used it in the dark too and it worked fine. Then I switched it to the automatic mode and did the same test and it worked fine again (both in the light and in the dark).

So I thought maybe I had the cam set too high on the tree, so last evening I put it up but made sure it was only about 3' up the tree and was clearly pointed at the bucket. After dark I went out to do some "tests" and it picked me up as soon as I got into range coming straight it, picked me up again way off to the side, and again right at the bucket. I figured I was good to go this time. Checked it again this morning (bucket knocked over, etc), no pics except for the ones of me testing it!

I'm using 4 new Duracell AA batteries (plain jane, not lithium or anything), sensitivity is set to high, the timer is off, and it's set to take 3 pics with a 1 minute interval between bursts. I'm also using a SD 1 GB card. I formatted it using the cam when I first put it in 2 nites ago but used my Canon digital to check the pics, which I have since found out is a no-no. I talked to tech support and he said that was what the problem was and that I needed to format the card using my computer and NOT the cam (which doesn't make any sense to me, but whatever).

I've noticed a couple things. If I walk through the sensors range, it doesn't seem to capture me if I just pass through it, even at close range. When I took the camera off the tree this morning, it didn't snap a pic either. To me, if the sensor is picking up something it should trigger a pic regardless of whether or not whatever triggered it is still in the frame and I DEFINITELY should've triggered it both by walking through and when I took it off.

Also, I noticed last night that sometimes the IR bulbs would completely light up and other times it was just a quick flash that was rather dim. That seems kind of odd as well. Did anyone else notice anything like that?

I'm going to re-format the card when I get home and set it up around the house or something to get more opportunities to test it tonight.

Just wondering if anyone had any input?

Thanks!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

Try it with 8 batteries and sensitivity on high. What brand card are you using? I prefer SanDisk 2GB.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Using a 1 GB Sandisk formatted by my PC as the tech suggested. Camera is set up in my house in a dark room, I periodically walk in there and I see the bulbs light up so it's apparently working.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Initially I would format it in the cam. Just once. If you have a second card, try that as well...............
Old 07-15-2010, 02:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have two Trophy cams and I am experiencing a different problem in each of them.

The first time I put one of the cameras out it operated properly for five days. Then it just started continuously taking pictures. It took a gig and a half of pictures over the course of a couple days before I took it down to look at the images. I brought it home and can't get it to work properly. The CD card is a 2 gig ScanDisk I got from Best Buy.

The second camera has blown out images. I takes a couple great shots but the next couple shots it takes a few minutes later are so blown out they are almost white. Although you can see something in the picture. The camera is in the middle of the woods with no direct sunlight.

Has anyone experienced these problems??
Old 07-15-2010, 03:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ky Bob
So your saying the camera will not go into setup mode without the card? Yes it will and should was the answer I got from a tech at Bushnell.
No....it won't work properly without the SD card inserted before you turn it on and it definately will not go into setup mode.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:17 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by NCOutdoors
I have two Trophy cams and I am experiencing a different problem in each of them.

The first time I put one of the cameras out it operated properly for five days. Then it just started continuously taking pictures. It took a gig and a half of pictures over the course of a couple days before I took it down to look at the images. I brought it home and can't get it to work properly. The CD card is a 2 gig ScanDisk I got from Best Buy.

The second camera has blown out images. I takes a couple great shots but the next couple shots it takes a few minutes later are so blown out they are almost white. Although you can see something in the picture. The camera is in the middle of the woods with no direct sunlight.

Has anyone experienced these problems??
It sounds like you might have the 2010 Bushnell TC ? if so, join the crowd. I had the continuous picture taking issue with my first '10 model, as well as several members on this site. It is a known problem now and your camera will need to be returned.

I've see at least one other issue of the "white out" issue posted here and have seen others as well, seemed to be a problem mainly with the first cameras to hit the shelves, but maybe not. That camera should also be returned.

Good news is, quality seems to be improving. The replacement camera that I received has worked great for 3 months so far and the picture quality is better than the '09's IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.