Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

What a d**k

Old 06-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default What a d**k

I went up to my property in New York last night to find one of my sd cards stolen from my camera.... I am extremely pissed at the person who did this. Why would you do something like this? Early in the season, an older guy walked by my brother while he was in his stand and gave him an attitude. During hunting season i went to my climber stand in the middle of my property to find my teather cut into a million pieces. I bet that was the same guy.. I really want to see somebody quad past my cabin because there were quad tracks leading up my driveway, past my camera and down on my property. I dont mind people quading on my property because the trails were there when we bought it but why do you have to touch and steal peoples things.... Seriously.

GRRRRR
Old 06-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What a d**k

Time to lock the cameras. Atleast it was only the SD card and not the whole camera. Cards are cheap, cameras are not. The only thing that might suck is that if a big buck was on there.

By some locks for your cameras if you have people that have access to your property.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know it's maddening to have someone tamper with your stuff but like Pope said, I would definately begin securing my cameras before somwone makes off with one of them. Hope you catch whoever is messing with you.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 06-25-2009, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

He took your card because you caught him on camera. He took the card out to conceal his identity without having to wreck your camera or commit more theft...

But that does really suck..
Old 06-25-2009, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

You let them ride their quads still? Noble, but not smart. Put up a fence and lock your cameras from now on....thats what i would do.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about that BWB. Probably some one who has hunted the property prior to your purchasing it. If your camera doesn't give off a noticeable flash, I'd HIDE it near the atv trail and get some pics of trespassers- assuming you will know post property. Very important to make example of first that you catch.

Don't fall for any BS that they give you. The sooner the word gets out, the better, or I will guaranteee that you won't enjoy the hunting season.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Yes, I know that I am lucky that my camera is still there.. And yes, we let people quad on the trails there, as long as they dont touch anything... The trails come up on our property from numerous other trails in the area.. Not to many people quad by anyway, maybe one or two a month so no big deal.

Crokit- Yah, I believe thats what it is. Its probably the farmers down the street that have hunted my property and the propertys around for years and years before I bought it. Next week I am going to put up a bunch of NO TRESPASSING signs so that way they cant legally hunt or go there without permission from us first.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

fortunatly that hasnt happened to me yet but that would piss me offf big time
Old 06-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

That sucks but where abouts is your proprty cause i know an area like that by me and i had my camera by my house and i had someone cut the strap on my camera but at least thats all they did and ended up getting 200 pics of clouds.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nyhunter89

That sucks but where abouts is your proprty cause i know an area like that by me and i had my camera by my house and i had someone cut the strap on my camera but at least thats all they did and ended up getting 200 pics of clouds.
Im in schuyler, across the street is newport and right near herkimer. I live on a private dirt road- Grande View Drive, off of Lindsay Rd or schrader hill and cook hill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.