HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   The ants got me (Updated with pictures) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/296219-ants-got-me-updated-pictures.html)

Hunt4Life23 06-18-2009 09:40 AM

The ants got me (Updated with pictures)

Well I went and checked my camera today hoping for more pictures of those two nice bucks and when I opened it up there were ants all over. I was gonna just switch cards but decided to bring the cam in because of the ants. I had 470 pictures taken over the week so I was excited to see what was on there. Ended up there were about 420 pictures with nothing in them, which I never usually have hardly any pictures like that with my stealth cam so I'm wondering if the ants had anything to do with that. I did not get any pictures of those two nice bucks but got two different nice bucks and some nice fawn pictures I will post up later tonight. I sure hope my camera wont be affected from these darn ants.

SouthernBuckFever 06-18-2009 10:04 AM

RE: The ants got me

Yeah I've had the same exact thing happen to me....I had a card in it and took it home and had pictures with nothingin themexcept for a few. It didn't hurt my camera when it happend so I wouldn't worry.

PastorJim08 06-18-2009 12:04 PM

Hunt4 Life,

When I had my infamous ant attack a few weeks ago, I had the same result you did. A whole bunch of triggers but nothing in them. I ended up bringing the camera home and letting it set outside for a few days, thinking that would solve the problem. It didn't. I ended up spraying a wash rag down with insecticide and placing it in a garbage bag with the camera. That did the trick. I took it out and took it apart and blew it out with that keyboard cleaner stuffand the problem was solved. That cam will now and forever be known as the ant-cam. Good luck.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

Siman08/OH 06-18-2009 02:06 PM

Sucks man (knock on wood)

refross 06-18-2009 06:01 PM

Had the same ant problem. I shock a bunch of ant out of the cam, and wrapped duct tape (sticky side out) around the post my cam was mounted to. My thought is that they will not be able to get food and will leave my cam!! If not I'm going to have to bring the cam in, and I don't want to do that.

nick_bleuer76 06-18-2009 06:03 PM

AAAAH, that happened to me today! They are all dead now! REVENGE!

Hunt4Life23 06-18-2009 07:49 PM

Couple pictures of a doe and fawn

Check out the fawn directly over the does back in the little clearing of ferns

First pics of a raccoon at this location

Nice buck coming down to the camera- this is the first I've seen this buck, no brow tines though which is unfortunate

Young buck

And finally the buck in the background of these two pictures looks to be a decent buck but I wish I got better pics of him to see for sure. It looks like he is high and narrow and in the one picture I can see brow tines and splits.

Here is a close up

leadoperator 06-18-2009 11:06 PM

nice pics!

bowmanaj 06-18-2009 11:50 PM

Nice pics, sucks about the ants

J Pike 06-19-2009 04:04 PM

Great Pics!! My buddy changed my cards for me last weekend and told me one of my cams was infested with ants and their eggs, he cleared the ants and the eggs our of it but I wish he would have pulled the cam.
He told me its already screwed up because the date and time and the pic counter display is no longer working. I hope the cam is still able to take pics when can get back out July 4th weekend. Pike