Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Moultries..Had my 1st problem >

Moultries..Had my 1st problem

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultries..Had my 1st problem

Old 05-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Moultries..Had my 1st problem

The thing I've always liked about Moultries are the picture quality for the price, and dependability. However, after a couple years I finally had my first problem. One of my D40's was ON, with 35% battery left but would not take pics. It was on my mineral site that I've been getting good buck pics, but I was forced to take a cam off another spot and put it on the mineral site (most productive spot). I have it at home messing with it but can not figure out why it wont take pics with that much battery left.. Anyone ever had a problem like this? I haven't put in new batteries yet, I'm hoping the problem may be as simple as that, but if not then something major is wrong...I have heard from Caleb (Siman08/OH), that Moultrie's customer service is BAD, so I'm kinda worried
Old 05-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Moultries..Had my 1st problem

I wish the best for you Adam. My moultrie worked like a charm for almost 3 years till it died. Once i called them and told them how long i had my camera, they told me "too bad, so sad". Its still sitting on my shelf collecting dust.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:22 AM
Fork Horn

My second camera I bought this spring was a Moutrie D-40. The first time I had to change the batteries it stopped taking pictures with 15% power remaining. I did not give it alot of thought at the time, I guess I thought maybe 15% wasdown enough for the camera not to be able do its job. I hope this problem does not continue to get worse.

Good Luck
Old 05-21-2009, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Adam,

Sorry to hear about your camera. Yes the D-40 was a pretty decent cam when it firstcame out but the last couple of years the quality on that model has really fallen. So much so that several places that sell trailcams exclusively, stopped selling them. If you want to stay with a white flash camera to replace that one, I would go with the Stealthcam I-590, about 100.00 or Moultrie M-40, about 150.00. I have to agree with Caleb when he says the photos from the D-40s I've seen are pretty grainey.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 05-22-2009, 01:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the input guys. I have been looking at other brands to try out, I haven't decided yet. It seems like every brand has its positives and negatives. I had planned on buying a new cam soon anyway, now it looks like I'm buying 2
Old 05-22-2009, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try new batteries.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: janesburg

Try new batteries.
I did, its still acting up..I put brand new batteries in, straight from the package, and it says 95% battery, and will take1 picture after turned on, then it turns itself off[:@]

Im gonna mess with it some more, but it looks like its goin haywire