Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Cuddeback Capture IR! >

Cuddeback Capture IR!

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cuddeback Capture IR!

Old 02-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cuddeback Capture IR!

If you look at the Advertisments in all the Hunting Magazines it states 3.0 day time and 3.0 IR night time photo's,when you get the box with the camera it states 5.0 megapixels day/1.3 megapixels IR and a 25 foot IR range.I have had trouble with my Capture IR from the day I got it.Very poor night/IR pictures the flash barely carries out to 7 feet with low quality pictures and when I set it up it may take the first few pictures then it goes dead after that with NO pictures,even the day time pictures look crappy with poor clarity.I have tried the rechargable Energizer batteries and the regular Duracell batteries that Cuddeback reccomends.It states on the Cuddeback Site to update your camera if it shows a code of anything lower than 15-15,mine showed 12-12 so I down-loaded the update on a SD card and loaded it in my camera it showed code SD-4 that it was updated and it still had the code of 12-12 and had the same poor quality IR pictures?I called BassProShop in Springfield MO. and they said the newer camera's have been fixed and work better...the BPS in St.Louis said they didn't have any problems with their camera's from their store....but their feedback showed differently.

Chaz3815 I noticed you posted a IR picture you took with the camera...I bet there was some exisiting inside artificial lighting on too!The camera seems to take better IR pictures with little help but when you try it in complete darkness it is very hard to see anything.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

Is ther an honest -detailed up to dategame camera review kicking around?
Old 02-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

www.chasingame.com

Lots of camera reviews...Basically if you want the best get a Reconyx or Buckeye but pay the money...If you want a $200 camera try the Scoutguard SG550 but expect some problems with it as well but their CS seems to clear things up pretty quickly...

Old 02-03-2009, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

all of my captures have the 19 32 code in them