Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

battery life

Old 12-29-2008, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default battery life

What kind of carmera gives the best battery life? The moultrie's that I have suck the power out before you know it. I can replace them one weekend and there dead the next.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: battery life

What kind of Moultrie and what kind of batteries are you using?
My Moultrie M60's batteries only have to be replaced about 2-3x a yr.
I use Durcell batteries - no rechargables.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Pnut, I have two Moultrie and can take thousands of pics and get 4-6months battery life easily, sometimes colder temps eat them up a bit quicker but my new I50 has had 99% for 4 weeks and we have had some cold weather and I have had average 2-300 pics a week.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have my moultrie d40 out right now and it is on its 4th week on one set of batteries. and about 7-10 of those days the temps were in the teens for a high.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

I have the I40 and have had the same batteries since october.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have two older models, Im not sure of the model numbers. Both use the 6 volt type, ive tried Durcell and other types, but now im using rechargeable. No more than a week do they last.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one older one that uses the 6 volt and most of the time the issue is that not many things use those these days adn they sit on the shelf in stores to long. I usually hit Wally world where the turn over is high and get good ones. ifI get one that only last's a week I take it back and exchange it Wal-mart is good about that. Doubt its the camera I bet it's old batteries.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: gregrn43

I have two older models, Im not sure of the model numbers. Both use the 6 volt type, ive tried Durcell and other types, but now im using rechargeable. No more than a week do they last.
I've used a lot of the older Moutries and the use of a 6V battery was the main drawback to these cameras. One week's worth of battery life was about it, and sometimes not even that. You could usually get a little longer if you added one of their solar panels (but not much). This problem was solved when Moultrie switched to D batteries. Battery Life is now one of the strong points on these cameras. I now mainly use my older Moutries as decoys for theives. They are pretty useless as cameras. Save yourself a lot of aggravation and go bye you a couple of the newer Moultries (D-40). You can find them for about $90-$100 online.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Spike

My moultrie M40 lasted from late July to mid December on one set of batteries, and took plenty of pictures.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Spike

my m60 is still at 60% been out since mid september, m40 still at 90% only been out a little over a month, scoutgaurd still has 2/3 and been out since mid september, and my three cuddes and two wildviewsare in the house now for winter because i cant get them to last longer than a month to month and a half even in warm weather.

Quick Reply: battery life

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.