Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Lucked out!

Old 12-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lucked out!

Well I went out to bring in one of my cams that I hadn't been able to get for 2 months. Got to it and the positioning wasn't right but I figured a cow brushed up against it or a strong wind. I got home and no sd card. Needless to say I'm ticked but I can't be too mad cause they at least left me the camera.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:43 PM

Default RE: Lucked out!

Did you put one in it. JK That would suck. but at least they aren't to much of an arse and left your camera
Old 12-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Spike

My brother in law lost a SD card from his as well. Whoever took it filled the camera with cowcrap and covered the lens with some more crap and stuck a leaf to it. [:'(]
Old 12-29-2008, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you sure you put one in?
If it did have a card in it and it was removed while the camera was on, the camera may have switched over to internal memory (if your camera has any) and got a couple pics of who did it.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you have a lazy poacher roaming your woods. i cant figure out why they would take the memory card and not the camera. if i was you i would buy a cheap camera and set it up watching the other one but hide it realy well only way i think of catching the crooks. good luck.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I know I put 1 in. I have 2 cards for each of my cameras so that I switch them instead of having to take the cam. Got home and checked all my cards and I only have 5 since I had already pulled the other 2 cams. I then did check my internal memory and there were no pics so I'm guessing that my cam had to be dead from being out so long. And it was set up on a good travel route with many scrapes so there had to be pics. I'm just gonna have to talk to the landowner and see who he let rifle hunt it (I bow only there) and see if he can let me know who was in there. Like I said though, at least it wasn't the whole camera.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Mottz

Yes, I know I put 1 in. I have 2 cards for each of my cameras so that I switch them instead of having to take the cam. Got home and checked all my cards and I only have 5 since I had already pulled the other 2 cams. I then did check my internal memory and there were no pics so I'm guessing that my cam had to be dead from being out so long. And it was set up on a good travel route with many scrapes so there had to be pics. I'm just gonna have to talk to the landowner and see who he let rifle hunt it (I bow only there) and see if he can let me know who was in there. Like I said though, at least it wasn't the whole camera.
It doesn't matter regardless!! The SOB still needs a woopin from pulling your card!!
Old 12-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

That guys needs a good kick in the scrotum.