Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Moultrie Camera Secuirty Box 2nd Post (Update 3/13) >

Moultrie Camera Secuirty Box 2nd Post (Update 3/13)

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie Camera Secuirty Box 2nd Post (Update 3/13)

Old 12-03-2008, 01:58 PM

Default Moultrie Camera Secuirty Box 2nd Post (Update 3/13)

UPDATE***
Well here i am again months later and my story is the same. Moultire is ignoring me (No new surprise), so i decided to contact EBSCO Industrieswho owns the moultire brand. Surprise surprise they are ignoring me as well. I emailed both companies again twice with all the information below and the links to the videos and never got a response. So I Decided to test them and emailed them from another email address asking where i can buy some cameras!! and guess what i got two emails back in no time flat ( what a fuc!#$% joke). To make it worse i was told and promised i would receive an update the moultrie team had come up with for the boxes, what do ya know!!! i never got those and they don't offer them on their website nor have they updated any of their users of the ongoing issues. Here is an email i got from a Customer rep from moultire saying i be sent the fixes (This was December 11th)

"Travis, I apologize for the wait, but I have news about the security boxes. We have developed an add-on feature to the box which will secure the top a lot better. They are in the process of being shipped to us, and as soon as they get here I will send 1 out to you. Again I am sorry for the delay. Please shoot me your address and phone number."

At this point i guess i'm left with no other option other than to file a small court claims case?? i would have settled for an apology but i never even got that.

UPDATE***

Hello again,

Its been awhile since i have posted any new information about this little problem i was having with some security boxes i purchased from the moultrie Company. If you are not up to speed you can check out my first post here http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?...79&mpage=1. I have Emailed moultires Customer support representative Brock S.A total of 5 times directly. I received 2 responses, One stating he was going to discuss the situation with his boss. The second response was that the R&D team was going to look into the problem. When i received that second email i responded to him and made myself very clear that i wanted to be UPDATED AT ALL TIMES on what they found. Since then i have not heard anything back from the moultrie company. I have tired emailing Brock 3 additional times and also submitted my complaint on their website 2 more times. That's 5 emails that have gone unanswered and i only truly wanted an admittance* and an apology, never expected them to replace my cameras. I feel i deserve so much more than a cold shoulder, and as consumers you should too. Did moultrie make nice cameras? Yes i really enjoyed them. Does that give them the right to blow off Good honest hard working individuals like myself when they are truly at fault?? Not a chance and that's why everyone has the right to know what kind of pride moultrie has and give you a glimpse on how they may treat you if you decide to make/continue purchasing from them and ever have a problem. Below are the videos i made check them out!

Hope everyone had or is having a great season!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0O3UGrKsEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgUlE4yBpbU
Old 12-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Moultrie Camera Secuirty Box 2nd Post

edge - that is very unfortunate. they were starting to be my preferred trail cam company. i've owned trail cameras for i think 8 years now. i've had cameras from pretty much every company out there. i currently own 3 moultries (2 i60's and an i40). i've stopped buying them. my latest was a scoutguard.

[/align] the right thing for moultrie to do is create a fix; something that could be done to the box that fixes this issue. i'm surprised they haven't even done that because it wouldn't be too hard. Like I mentioned in your previous post, i think a lock that clamps down and doesn't let you slide the two pieces apart at all would fix the issue. it'd cost moultrie less then ten bucks per customer that complains. they'd still make money on those boxes - $50 bucks is a rip off anyway. to think that they are charging $50 for a box that doesn't work just makes my blood boil!!!![/align]
Old 12-05-2008, 10:13 AM

Yeah I agree with you rackluster they should have issued a public fix for everyone who owns that security box at minimum. Instead they are more than likely just going to ignore the situation and i will have to spend my life educating Innocent people on how Moultrie likes to help their customers :-/

PS. Did you ever go back out and see if your lock boxes failed, like how i removed mine in the videos?
Old 12-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

oh yea, i went back and it failed miserably. I ended up bending it a little bit but the metal is so thin that I was able to bend it back with my fingers. ugh! every thing about that box and it's $50 price tag disgusts me!
Old 12-05-2008, 01:02 PM

I wish i only spent 50 bucks.I purchased My cameras from a retail store and i wansnt sure if i would be able to find a security box for these camera's elsewhere so i bought them there for $70 :-/
Old 12-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

Watched your you-tube video......wow, that's ridiculous. I snapped off all my little plastic bungee latches on my moultrie, but I think I'll just put a strap on it. At least I still have mine. I feel for you man.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:14 PM

These companies should seriously think about security issues!!! $100 - $500 and I don't want my money stolen that easily!!![:@]
Old 12-11-2008, 05:26 PM

Well I just heard back from Moultrie today, they have developed a fix. From the sounds of it the fix with be an additional piece that will mount onto your already existing security box. I should have the first few that moultrie receives. Keep you updated.[/align]
Old 03-13-2009, 12:39 PM

Default RE: Moultrie Camera Secuirty Box 2nd Post (Update 3/13)

TTT
Old 03-14-2009, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Moultrie Camera Secuirty Box 2nd Post (Update 3/13)

Edgecrusher,

I know this doesn't help your situation with the Moultrie security box but I just got a security box from a company called www.swivelsafe.com and believe me, these boxes are theft-proof. Yes, they are heavy and pricey but they are the most secure enclosure I have ever seen. Check it out.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

Quick Reply: Moultrie Camera Secuirty Box 2nd Post (Update 3/13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.