HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   LOOKING FOR A GOOD TRAIL CAM (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/275966-looking-good-trail-cam.html)

scottk2008 11-29-2008 12:49 PM

LOOKING FOR A GOOD TRAIL CAM

OK guys, Im going to buy a trail cam this week and have been looking at a Cuddeback and a Stealth Cam. Do I go with a flash or Infer Red flash. I am wanting one that produces a nice pic, but dont really want to spend $400.00. What do ya suggest that I go with. This will be my first camera so I dont want one that I have to read about for days before putting out. I am trusting your word what to go with. Thanks for the help as always.

Siman08/OH 11-29-2008 02:18 PM

RE: LOOKING FOR A GOOD TRAIL CAM

From what i know, i like the Stealth Cam I550. The only problem is the occasional whiteouts at dawn and dusk. Also, you need to buy the external battery pack for it to keep its battery strength up for an amount of time.

I hear lots of good things about the Cuddeback Capture camera as well...

Also, im not a big fan of IR cameras.

bayou_buckslayer 11-30-2008 04:35 PM

Go with cuddeback trust me!

huntin_nc 11-30-2008 05:08 PM

i bought the stealthcam prowler in sept
first week out all pictures were b/w even in daytime
and very poor quality. i thought ok todark where i had it
set it in my yard in bright daylight same thing
called stealth they said send it back
sent back first of oct. still havent gotten it back
from my experience i must say ill never buy another stealth
lots here seem to really like the scout guard i think it will be my next choice.

pnut 11-30-2008 07:00 PM

I'm going with the HCO ScoutGuard as my 2nd camera. Gets awesome reviews and is super small.

wibucks 11-30-2008 08:11 PM

I got a Cuddeback Capture w/ flash in Sept. and I've been very happy with it. Great pics and easy to set up. I'm buying another one this spring.

Lightsout 11-30-2008 08:42 PM

go with a cuddeback. i have a moultre and wish i had a cuddeback. i know a guy that has a cuddeback, good pictures, great videos. and good trigger speed. but good luck with whatever camera you decide to get!

npockat32 12-01-2008 11:34 AM

cuddeback

Phil from Maine 12-01-2008 07:34 PM

I have had some pretty good luck with my Stealth Prowler, so I am sorry to here about how it went for you.. I have nothing to complain about except trying to get a big buck to show up for a pic..
Here is a couple of pics I got from mine earlier this past summer..I hope they get it back to you pretty soon so we can see some pics from it..

1 Night time pic and 1 day time pic..

NavyDeerHunter 12-02-2008 06:21 AM

ORIGINAL: pnut

I'm going with the HCO ScoutGuard as my 2nd camera. Gets awesome reviews and is super small.
X2

I have one and love it.