Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Moultrie Security Box users check this out (Update) >

Moultrie Security Box users check this out (Update)

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie Security Box users check this out (Update)

Old 09-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Moultrie Security Box users check this out

We didn't even mess with the boxes. We made a metal bar to go across ours and used a python cable to lock it and then bought a swivel mount to mount it up in the air so it is not at eye level.

Good video though. You have a really strong case for Moultrie.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:19 AM

Wow. really......wow. What was Moultrie thinking?

Do they need new engineers? I graduate in 3 years

Edgecrusher, I am sorry you lost your cameras to low down thieves[:@]. But man, way to bring this to our attention.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

i bought security boxes from an independant builder on E-bay. his were MUCH better made and ALOT more secure than Moultrie's.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

I just got off the phone with a customer service man and he said he will look at the video. He told me that these boxes are to keep the honest people honest.I told him that the video shows how easy it was to get the box apart. I just put up my three yesterday!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:30 AM

Hah! that sure sounds like a lame excuse to me. I'm %100 positive it never listed that the box is just a bluff and it will not work in event some jerkoff tries to rip the cover off. I hope they at least man up for the poor quality tin can they are selling, other wise i will do my best to make sure every past, present, and future trailcam owner will see thisvideo and there response.

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter2001

I just got off the phone with a customer service man and he said he will look at the video. He told me that these boxes are to keep the honest people honest.I told him that the video shows how easy it was to get the box apart. I just put up my three yesterday!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

He told me not to hold up the "red flag" until he saw the video. He knew of the forum and the trail camera threads. I didn't get a good vibe from him. He probably thought I was making it up. He said he had not heard of this problem to date.He thought the box would be tore up and I told him it was still in perfect shape. He said the lock would keepthat from happining andI told him that it was still locked and the top piece was just hanging on by the lock.

I thought it was funny because the box is marked "sold out" on their web site!
Old 09-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

that is unbelievable, unfortunately if someone wants something that bad they won't stop at anything to get it, try to put the cameras where normal people don't look, may not be the best location but in the end it will be better than the location where they can find and steal them.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Canuck33

that is unbelievable, unfortunately if someone wants something that bad they won't stop at anything to get it, try to put the cameras where normal people don't look, may not be the best location but in the end it will be better than the location where they can find and steal them.
x2! if somescumbag is toting bolt cutters around in the woods (which they do), they will get it if they want to.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:24 PM

Today i received a phone Call from a customer service rep from Moultrie feeders. He was very nice and asked me what was going on with my boxes and how i went about removing the covers. At first i got the feeling he was trying to pass it off as "It is what it is" but after stating my case and expressing my feelings and saying i would be able to expose this video and the response i receive from moultrie to many outdoorsman/women i got a little further. I was told this case has been passed onto the R&D department for further investigation. I hope this was not a poor attempt at silencing me.

I will keep those who care updated.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the update. I have 3 in the woods.

Quick Reply: Moultrie Security Box users check this out (Update)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.