Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Moultrie Security Box users check this out (Update) >

Moultrie Security Box users check this out (Update)

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie Security Box users check this out (Update)

Old 09-18-2008, 09:56 AM

Default Moultrie Security Box users check this out (Update)

Went out for Wisconsin bow opener after months of anticipation to find this when i arrived. I lost 2 I-40's and on top of that never seen a deer :-/. I'm not sure if this information has already been made public but if not i found a huge problem with the moultrie security boxes and I'm sure it just costs me 2 cameras this weekend. I made a long boring video I'm sending into moutlrie to view. If you use the moultire security box i would check this out and see if your box fails as badly as both of mine did. You can see in the picture he had attempted to go around the box to get the camera and in the video you can see how effortlessly it seemed to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0O3UGrKsEE

Old 09-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Moultrie Security Box users check this out

Wow.

Was this on public or private land?
Old 09-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

If they want it they are going to get it. I bought my box from huntbuzz, first thing I did was weld all the seams and re-inforce the back. But it won't stop a low down theif, stealing from there fellow brothers.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

holy crap. i have 3 of those costing almost $50 each. i'm going to the woods tonight to get it. i got a different bracket off ebay that I like better anyway (you use a python lock with it). I'm also going to call moultrie and complain. this is ridiculous!

by the way, i never put a camera on a small tree like that. a pocket hand saw could have cut that tree down in under a minute.

come to think of it i might get one of those clamping pad locks for trailers. that should keep the tongue and groove tight to each other where there wouldn't be any slack.

I'm really disappointed in moultrie. that is a huge security flaw!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 11:43 AM

I know you cant prevent that from happening but i expected much more out of this box and that is the whole point of thread. i would have taken way more precautionary measures if i did not have that box and i placed why to much confidence in that product.

Rackluster i had just about zero choices on trees to select where that specific spot was, i almost purchased a tripod or stake to mount the camera to because i got so many blanks when it got windy out since all of the surrounding area holds very thin birch mainly.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope they step up and do the right thing here. I own severalmoultrie cameras and feeders, so let me know how their customer service is.

I will agree with RackLuster that you should have put it on a bigger tree, but in this case they would have gotten it anyways. I really hate thieves. [:@]
Old 09-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Edgecrusher

I know you cant prevent that from happening but i expected much more out of this box and that is the whole point of thread. i would have taken way more precautionary measures if i did not have that box and i placed why to much confidence in that product.

Rackluster i had just about zero choices on trees to select where that specific spot was, i almost purchased a tripod or stake to mount the camera to because i got so many blanks when it got windy out since all of the surrounding area holds very thin birch mainly.
edge - i don't blame you at all. locked on a small tree is 95% better then not locked. i get the point in your thread. this is huge! I have $150 into these things. I'm going to try it tomorrow morning. if i can open my boxes i'm taking them out of the woods and moultrie is getting an earfull!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Spike

that wasnt a long boring video. that probably just helped a bunch of people out. who knows maybe they will send you some new cams for showing them the flaw that cost you your cameras. thats why the only ones i use are the cuddeback bear safes and the ones they sell on ebay that are designed just like the cudde back bear safe boxes for other brands of cameras. i have had to many trail cams stolen to chance anything.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeater

that wasnt a long boring video. that probably just helped a bunch of people out. who knows maybe they will send you some new cams for showing them the flaw that cost you your cameras. thats why the only ones i use are the cuddeback bear safes and the ones they sell on ebay that are designed just like the cudde back bear safe boxes for other brands of cameras. i have had to many trail cams stolen to chance anything.
Well good if i can help some other people out i guess in the end its all worth it. Just blows me away that people out enjoying the same things we all love would do such things. I guess im to old school<(only 22)
Old 09-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

after seeing your video i think of the design on that case and i think it's the worst design i've ever seen. i know it's going to open tomorrow. only good thing for me is i bought mine from cabelas and still have the original receipt and boxes. they'll take them back. but, i'm going to give moultrie a piece of my mind (if it opens while locked of course).

thanks edge for bringing this to our attention. the good thing is most thieves aren't going to figure it out.

Quick Reply: Moultrie Security Box users check this out (Update)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.