Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

need help

Old 09-16-2008, 11:55 AM

Default need help

After looking at everyone's pictures and wanting/debating buying a trail cam for a while now I have decided i want/need one.
What is a good brand / model to start out on
I will need something that has decent battery life in cool weather as I am in Canada and the temp starts to drop in the fall. I plan on using this in spring summer and early fall.
I will be removing it once the season starts to avoid it being stolen

any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: need help

I bought the Moultrie I-40 with a lock box off huntbuzz for $200, it came with batteries and a remote. I'm very happy so far. Good battery life also, I'm using the batteries it came with for over a month with 80 percent life left. I did modify the lockbox with a couple welds and a rain hood
Old 09-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: need help

First, what is your price range? With a trail cam you need a fast trigger. I would recommend the I-40 if it is a 2007 model. However, if it is a 2008 model, it may not suit your needs as the trigger time is now around 3.5+ seconds. Too slow for me. If your price range is near the $200.00 mark, I would suggest the Scout Guard SG550. 5MP, 0.8-1.2 seconds trigger, pic and video mode, and extremely small size. Easy to conceal. That price range is 199 - 209.95 For more comparisons you can try chasingame.com for a list of reviews of most cameras out there so you can make an educated decision based on actual trials,tests and reviews. Hope this helps............

Joe