Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Cudde Excite problem please help >

Cudde Excite problem please help

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cudde Excite problem please help

Old 09-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cudde Excite problem please help

I bought the excite two years ago and havn't had any problems with it, it's been a great camera. I had stored it this past winter and spring and a couple of months ago I took it out put new batterys in it and set it up on my property. It worked fine this first time out (had several pics on it) until I brought it back home with me. I replaced the batterys and set it back out. This time when I went to check it, the camera was off. When I opened the battery compartment I noticed that one of the batterys had leaked some acid. I took the camera home and cleaned the acid (there wasn't much) off of the terminal and replaced with new batterys. This time when I turned the camera on it worked. I went through the setup process setting time,date, etc. When I turned the camera to live mode, after about a 3 second pause the camera went blank. I can turn the camera on and it will stay on until itswitches to live mode then it just shuts off. I tried another set of new batterys and had the same result. Has anyone else ever experienced this? If so,is there anything Ican I do to fix the problem? I thought I'd try here to see if anybody has any idea before I call the manufacturer.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cudde Excite problem please help

I've had problems with an Excite where the batteries are not making contact well. It would seem to work on set up and then go blank.

Try pushing on the battery plate when the screen goes blank to see if this is the problem. If this doesn't work then you have a different problem.

I'm now having a problem with it saying that empty memory cards are full, but that is a different story.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Spike

Default RE: Cudde Excite problem please help

my excites go blank on the lcd after the live mode has been on for a few seconds but they still take pics. i dont know how many times i have opened it thinking the batteries were dead cause the screen was blank but it was just because there was nothing showing up on the lcd screen