HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   moultrie i40 issue (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/255740-moultrie-i40-issue.html)

big ten 08-02-2008 04:56 PM

moultrie i40 issue

as of late on my i40 ive noticed that some of the lettering on my screen has been disappearing. does anybody have this same issue? it still takes excellent pictures though.

BrownBow33 08-02-2008 06:01 PM

RE: moultrie i40 issue

big ten im right there with you. I had an i40 for about 5 days before sending it back on the warranty because the screen went completely blank. Moultrie ended up sending me a brand new one and the screen is doing exactly what you are talking about already. Good thing I have an additional 1 year warranty so if the screen gets bad enough that I cant read it i will be sending it back. I am not happy with the Moultrie in the short amount of time that I have owned it.

big ten 08-03-2008 04:30 AM

brown bow 33, did they ever say what is causing the problem, or what can happen? ive had my camera for 2 years now and the lettering just started disappearing not much though just the top half, its still readable though.

youngbuck 08-03-2008 03:25 PM

Yep i had that just recently, butthe displaywasn't riht gone, just more blurry... I figured it was maybe affected by the rain, so i put in a dry spot for a week, and it's been good ever since...
Gerard

OKbowhunter20 08-03-2008 08:53 PM

When I ordered mine the screen was messed up when I recievedit. I sent it back andthey sent me a newone and it has been just fine ever since.

CamoCop 08-06-2008 05:41 AM

no issues with mine as of yet, i believe there is an option in the menu on turning off the display bar. make sure your cam did not reset or the option was accidently disabled.

WVSPORTSMAN 08-06-2008 07:57 AM

One of mine, LCD screen stopped working also...sent it in and had a new cam with in a week...I bet your cam is under warranty...that camera has only been out 14-15 months. not two years...unless you bought it the day they hit the market, which is not likely do to them being on back order for several months, I bet your covered. find your proof of purchase...moultrie gives 13 month warrantys on there cams now...They have good customer service.

patchholder 08-07-2008 05:51 PM

I was on the waiting list from cabelas for this cam I believe they were the first to get it and I looke at the reciept and it has been 16 months. and my first one lasted a month and they replaced it right away and the new on is still going strong.

BrownBow33 08-07-2008 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: big ten

brown bow 33, did they ever say what is causing the problem, or what can happen? ive had my camera for 2 years now and the lettering just started disappearing not much though just the top half, its still readable though.
They did not tell me what the problem with it was or what caused the screen to go blank. I went out to check on it yesterday after leaving it out for a little over a week and it still seems to be doing ok.