Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 MOULTRIE I-40 BATTERY? >

MOULTRIE I-40 BATTERY?

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

MOULTRIE I-40 BATTERY?

Old 07-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default MOULTRIE I-40 BATTERY?

i just tried my new moultrie i-40 .
the night shot was BLURRY,terrible picture.

i am using RECHARGEBLE batterys, the name was rayovac.

at first i thought it may be the download thing but my new i-40 is up to date with this new download according to moultrie site.

we think now it may be that the rechargeable batterys are only putting out 1.2 volts.

this maynot be enough to handle the shutter speed, we dont know, just guess.

we heard that you cannot use rechargable batterys in these game cameras.

DURACELL batterys put out 1.5 volts.

i am testing this tonight.

anyone run into this.

i hope i am right on this as the pictures are just awful at night.day time pictures were great.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: MOULTRIE I-40 BATTERY?

well, i put in set of duracell batterys, and i cant get it to take picture in daylight or night.

so, went back to rechargable ones, same thing.

the auto mode works but no pictures are taken.

battery shows 99%.

my duracell batterys are 4 years old but tested good on battery tester.

anyone have idea why it will no work.

last night it worked but pictures at night were blurry.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:01 PM
Spike

I purchased an I40 last week and have not had what I thought was a blurry picture at night. If an animal is moving, the picture of the animal is blurred a bit but the rest of the picture is just fine.

Is your whole picture blurry or just the image of the animal. Maybe post the picture and someone could give a better idea of what is happening.

Ben
Old 07-31-2008, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

Sir I did a search on chasingame. com in the moultree section for blurry pictures and it seems you are not alone with this problem here is a link to what I found
http://www.chasingame.com/forum/search.php?keywords=i40+blurry+pictures&terms= all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&s d=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&s ubmit=Search
Old 07-31-2008, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would not use the recharge batts....
Old 08-01-2008, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

i've had no "blurry" issues with my I40 yet
Old 08-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

i bet i went through 20 duracell batterys and still cant get it to work.

so, i called moultrie again.

they said batterys HAVE to be total of 9 volts.

batterys 1 year old will only have around 7and 1/2 volts total.

they also said never use rechargable batterys.

they also said the night picture could be blurry and thats NORMAL.
MY DURACELL BATTERYS ARE RATED GOOD UNTIL 2011.
but if they are say 2 years old and test good on battery tester,they still are no good according to moultrie.

so, i have a new set coming from wal-mart.

boy, 3 dallors and 30 cents for 2 batterys,prices of everything is going up.

they were surprised i even got the camera to take a picture with batterys i had and said the shutter speed is what caused my picture to be blurry like i described.

hopefully have my batterys on sat and will update to see if in fact, THE BATTERYS ARE PROBLEM.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:25 PM

Thats all bull... either the camera is not set up right or the camera is having problems. Moultrie is yanking your chain..... One year old batteries will not work, even if they are in date ??? yeah , right.

I will not use rayovac batteries ... poor quality ..... but I do use 6v rechargables in my moultrie digital flash cameras ... I bought some that are the size of lawn mower batteries and fixed up the wiring myself. They last for weeks and weeks , taking 750 pics in each camera a week. I had problems once, and called Moultrie .... they told me some crap like what they are telling you , I took the camera back to the store and swapped it for a different one...... PROBLEM SOLVED.... The camera was having issues, not me and not my batteries, and not my SD card....

Anyway, one of the main guys there returned my call and I told him what I thought of their assistance.... he cried on my shoulder about being a small operation and only a limited number of employees .... I told him that that does not make up for bad advise or blowing customers off or for a poor product....

It seems that bad batteries are their answer for everything.

Oh well, take this for what it's worth to ya....

MET

Old 08-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

Thats all bull... either the camera is not set up right or the camera is having problems. Moultrie is yanking your chain..... One year old batteries will not work, even if they are in date ??? yeah , right.

I will not use rayovac batteries ... poor quality ..... but I do use 6v rechargables in my moultrie digital flash cameras ... I bought some that are the size of lawn mower batteries and fixed up the wiring myself. They last for weeks and weeks , taking 750 pics in each camera a week. I had problems once, and called Moultrie .... they told me some crap like what they are telling you , I took the camera back to the store and swapped it for a different one...... PROBLEM SOLVED.... The camera was having issues, not me and not my batteries, and not my SD card....

Anyway, one of the main guys there returned my call and I told him what I thought of their assistance.... he cried on my shoulder about being a small operation and only a limited number of employees .... I told him that that does not make up for bad advise or blowing customers off or for a poor product....

It seems that bad batteries are their answer for everything.

Oh well, take this for what it's worth to ya....

MET

NOW SPROUL IS PISSED[:@]

i agree with you, they are yanking my chain.

i thought that battery thing was a lot of bs.

i went and spent a lot of money for batterys and still no way it will take a picture.

i feel like getting my money back.

my used batterys were showing 99%,my new batterys too.

i bet i will have to pay to have it shipped back too.

3 DAYS OLD AND BROKE.

WHAT A GREAT COMPANY MOULTRIE IS,SELLING JUNK AND BLURRY NIGHT PICTURES.

beware they will say its your battereys ,then they will also say you will get blurry night pictures.[:@]
Old 08-02-2008, 08:45 PM

I have an I 40 myselfWhen I first got it took about 450 pictures then it started acting up. So I called Moultrie and they told me to do the download over even if i had the latest version. They were helpful when i called them. Next time you call tech support ask for Ken he will help. I am not very computer literate. It was easier for me to exchange it than do the down load. Have not had an issue since. I have even bought the M 40 this year. They are both great cameras. They both have taken about 2500 pics since i got them and the battery life is great. JMO.